Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

exceed rulings update

Go down 
+10
-Mama-_-lemon-
bishzor101
vampirerion
Viral
shaunewbiez
hamtaro
pokekid88
yuyun_alpreme
bahamut84
curryman
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

exceed rulings update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:30 am

shaunewbiez wrote:
bishzor101 wrote:
I know this is not enough to convince you guys but we have to think of it this way:

The materials are stacked together with the Exceed monster as one. As long the Exceed monster goes somewhere, the materials must follow the Exceed monster.

I agree, think about it this way:

1. Material monsters are stacked for an exceed summon first.
2. Exceed monster coming out already.
3. No matter what happens to the Exceed monster, everything will still go to graveyard, the Material monsters whether it hits the field or negated.

or for a fail analogy:

1. Food you ate gets mixed and digested together and you're about to take a dump.
2. Shit is already halfway out of your hole.
3. No matter what happens to the Shit, everything will still be out, the food you ate will never return back to your intestines, whether it hits the toilet bowl or falls to the floor.

Well.. That's how I picture it. >_> Correct me if I'm wrong or something.

sounds logical...but shit on floor is ....x_x
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:56 am

David told me the solemn no use against exceed summon I asked the same qns today at lor ah soo tourney and got replied with sarcastic remarks.
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:12 am

-Mama-_-lemon- wrote:
David told me the solemn no use against exceed summon I asked the same qns today at lor ah soo tourney and got replied with sarcastic remarks.

ask him for the god damn page in the rulebook...

Guess he dun even have the guts to reply here?
Back to top Go down
SuperDummy
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:26 am

Chill people =/.. Sometimes people can get confused about rulings.. no need to call them noob / insult them eh? As for david..I don't think its fair to say he's gutless or anything
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:35 am

SuperDummy wrote:
Chill people =/.. Sometimes people can get confused about rulings.. no need to call them noob / insult them eh? As for david..I don't think its fair to say he's gutless or anything

confused nvm, but dun go spread wrong ruling and say himself is correct mah... that IS noob...

If confused, ask ard and get the correct answers, not misleding people by spreading wrong informations...
Back to top Go down
SuperDummy
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:40 am

Even so.. its not fair to call someone noob =/.. I myself make alot of mistakes and lose tourneys like mad.. so does that make me noob too? Everyone was noob at some point of time..yes..but that does not give another person the right to call him/her noobs.. If you firmly believe in something..naturally you'd say that you urself is correct..

Sometimes even asking around leads to additional support to ur wrong thesis.. its more of the blind leading the blind.. i get it..but david doesn't mislead on purpose..

I know david..and yes..im sticking up for him..however im just commenting on this now from a neutral perspective =).. YGO's an awesome game and should not turn into some kind of crazy argument just coz of a couple misunderstandings from rulings
Back to top Go down
zzxiaoboizz
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist

Number of posts : 1475
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:41 am

SuperDummy wrote:
Even so.. its not fair to call someone noob =/.. I myself make alot of mistakes and lose tourneys like mad.. so does that make me noob too? Everyone was noob at some point of time..yes..but that does not give another person the right to call him/her noobs.. If you firmly believe in something..naturally you'd say that you urself is correct..

Sometimes even asking around leads to additional support to ur wrong thesis.. its more of the blind leading the blind.. i get it..but david doesn't mislead on purpose..

I know david..and yes..im sticking up for him..however im just commenting on this now from a neutral perspective =).. YGO's an awesome game and should not turn into some kind of crazy argument just coz of a couple misunderstandings from rulings
lol i agree, it takes an angel to settle issues peacefully ^^
Back to top Go down
http://zzxiaoboizzyugioh.blogspot.com/
SuperDummy
Duelist
Duelist

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:44 am

oh..with regards to the ruling question for the exceed thing.. I used to think that if you want to exceed summon.. you'd have to declare an exceed summon..hence the misconception that if you oppress / warning..the materials remain on the field (untouched).. o.o
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:45 am

Sigh... after looking through this entire thread, I believe I owe everyone an explanation.

Firstly, @ Pokekidd, I only saw this VERY recently, which would explain alot of my absence from this topic. I don't go on this website all day every day, so forgive me for "not having the guts to post on this topic".

Secondly, the whole "page on the rulebook thing" spouted from a misunderstanding of the Exceed Mechanic. Because until quite recently, the common knowledge was that you declare an Exceed Summon > Summon the Exceed Monster > Overlay the Materials of the Exceed Monster.

So therefore, if the above was the case, then because Exceed Materials go to where the Exceed goes, if the monster never hit the field, then therefore it didn't overlay, and your Materials would be safe.

But what was actually the official mechanic was: Declare Exceed Summon > Make the Exceed Materials "gone off the field" and place under the Exceed Monster, a.k.a. the Materials are now totally dependant on the Exceed Monster even before the unofficial term "hit the field". A.k.a. If the initial attempt at summoning fails via Judgment/Warning/Oppression/Black Horn of Heaven/etc.etc, then the Materials would die as well.

In said Light of Understanding, then yes, I fully agree and support the ruling of Bahamut that if the Exceed Monster's Summoning gets negated, the Materials would follow it to the Grave or RFG if there's a Marco Cosmos/Banisher of the Radience.

The "Page on the Rulebook" thing came from Page 51. A.k.a. "Exceed Materials go to Graveyard when the Exceed leaves the field". In which my misunderstanding of the Exceed Mechanic came to be (see above for explanation).

@ Curryman: Thanks for trying so hard to defend my wrong ruling. I try my best to be as correct as possible on the rulings, though I am most definetely not correct all the time. If I am wrong, then I will openly admit that I am wrong. Also, I am pretty sure alot of people In Singapore still sees me as a pretty scrubby player, very far away from a coveted "Pro" status.

@ Mama Lemon: While it's nice that you try to speak up for me, though you kinda forgot to mention the timeframe in which I said that ruling. I am pretty sure it was more than a month ago... while the details of it was still extremely unclear. Also, the

As an ending note, we all are here to have a better understanding of how this game works? Isn't that the reason why we have a Forum for Yu-gi-oh! in the first place? Nobody is perfect. Neutral

And thanks Bahamut for being here to help everybody with Rulings though it takes away from your time to check.
Back to top Go down
SuperDummy
Duelist
Duelist
SuperDummy

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:52 am

Thank god i can't be bothered to make use of exceeds atm >.<.. actually..i don't use oppression either o.o..rofl..
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:39 am

pokekid88 wrote:
shaunewbiez wrote:
bishzor101 wrote:
I know this is not enough to convince you guys but we have to think of it this way:

The materials are stacked together with the Exceed monster as one. As long the Exceed monster goes somewhere, the materials must follow the Exceed monster.

I agree, think about it this way:

1. Material monsters are stacked for an exceed summon first.
2. Exceed monster coming out already.
3. No matter what happens to the Exceed monster, everything will still go to graveyard, the Material monsters whether it hits the field or negated.

or for a fail analogy:

1. Food you ate gets mixed and digested together and you're about to take a dump.
2. Shit is already halfway out of your hole.
3. No matter what happens to the Shit, everything will still be out, the food you ate will never return back to your intestines, whether it hits the toilet bowl or falls to the floor.

Well.. That's how I picture it. >_> Correct me if I'm wrong or something.

sounds logical...but shit on floor is ....x_x

Only place I can think off where it "misses the place it actually wants to go". :/ Just trying to make it easier to understand. Razz
Back to top Go down
-Mama-_-lemon-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
-Mama-_-lemon-

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:55 pm

xxn00biexx wrote:
Sigh... after looking through this entire thread, I believe I owe everyone an explanation.

Firstly, @ Pokekidd, I only saw this VERY recently, which would explain alot of my absence from this topic. I don't go on this website all day every day, so forgive me for "not having the guts to post on this topic".

Secondly, the whole "page on the rulebook thing" spouted from a misunderstanding of the Exceed Mechanic. Because until quite recently, the common knowledge was that you declare an Exceed Summon > Summon the Exceed Monster > Overlay the Materials of the Exceed Monster.

So therefore, if the above was the case, then because Exceed Materials go to where the Exceed goes, if the monster never hit the field, then therefore it didn't overlay, and your Materials would be safe.

But what was actually the official mechanic was: Declare Exceed Summon > Make the Exceed Materials "gone off the field" and place under the Exceed Monster, a.k.a. the Materials are now totally dependant on the Exceed Monster even before the unofficial term "hit the field". A.k.a. If the initial attempt at summoning fails via Judgment/Warning/Oppression/Black Horn of Heaven/etc.etc, then the Materials would die as well.

In said Light of Understanding, then yes, I fully agree and support the ruling of Bahamut that if the Exceed Monster's Summoning gets negated, the Materials would follow it to the Grave or RFG if there's a Marco Cosmos/Banisher of the Radience.

The "Page on the Rulebook" thing came from Page 51. A.k.a. "Exceed Materials go to Graveyard when the Exceed leaves the field". In which my misunderstanding of the Exceed Mechanic came to be (see above for explanation).

@ Curryman: Thanks for trying so hard to defend my wrong ruling. I try my best to be as correct as possible on the rulings, though I am most definetely not correct all the time. If I am wrong, then I will openly admit that I am wrong. Also, I am pretty sure alot of people In Singapore still sees me as a pretty scrubby player, very far away from a coveted "Pro" status.

@ Mama Lemon: While it's nice that you try to speak up for me, though you kinda forgot to mention the timeframe in which I said that ruling. I am pretty sure it was more than a month ago... while the details of it was still extremely unclear. Also, the

As an ending note, we all are here to have a better understanding of how this game works? Isn't that the reason why we have a Forum for Yu-gi-oh! in the first place? Nobody is perfect. Neutral

And thanks Bahamut for being here to help everybody with Rulings though it takes away from your time to check.
ytd was my first time using exceed ma, so ruling all folo wad i heard previously. but since warning of exceed, whether is the materials sent to grave or not both has its advantages and disadvantages so i hafta ask which one is the correct one. but i think now quite obvious which is the correct ruling, so lets forget tis.
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm

haiz....

i guess its gd this thing has been cleared....

time to move on.....

/me says sry to xxn00biexx

.....-_-.....
Back to top Go down
curryman
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
curryman

Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:23 am

xxn00biexx wrote:

erm ok, long post coming up.

SuperDummy wrote:

don't worry, my purpose of this thread is not to make a fool out of david, pokekid is just a bit angry for the moment, he will cool down soon enough : )

First of all, my purpose of this thread is not to make fun of david or vishal. i just want to clarify this ruling and only two people i know told me about this ruling. they said that their source is reliable so i have to ask in the forum. The reason why i wrote their names down is because it sounds stupid to say xx says bla and bla while XXX says bla and bla. if you got the guts to say a certain ruling and u believe it's correct, i don't see what's wrong in telling people about it.

Just like how baha say about certain rulings and i am sure he will defend his honour about it and don't mind me saying his big name that he confirmed this certain ruling to people.

SuperDummy wrote:

i know you are defending david but sometimes if a person is unsure of sth, he/she should always ask to be fair. because i also thought he was right until i got bombarded by a lot of people that i decided to ask here. it is just like how u don know six sam enishi's effect during the previous tourney and u shld ask to clarify like what this thread is for instead of blindly following what people says.

Secondly, i did do regular updates. vishal said he's not sure so it's all good and left with david to ask.

curryman wrote:
NEW UPDATE:

vishal says not sure can or not. he says some say can, some say no.

i still cannot contact david to ask which page of the rule book so probably will need to ask him the next time i meet him.

lastly, this thread was not made to let ppl laugh at david or anything. i just want to know the ruling behind exceed and so that people would be aware of it too. This has come to an end, no one is scolding any1 noob or anything.

baha's ruling and pokekid's words are trustworthy as they source out reliable info before saying anything. i don't assume things that is why i ask a lot of rulings in the forum and this exceed case, david specifically strongly holds his firm about exceed > warning. i have to bring this up to the forum to clarify but no ill intentions are meant at all.

Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Anyway, this is the ruling and the link to it if u wan:

Q:エクシーズ召喚に対して《神の宣告》や《神の警告》を発動して無効にできますか?
  また、エクシーズ召喚が無効になった場合、エクシーズ素材となったモンスターはどうなりますか?
A:はい、無効にできます。
  そうした場合、モンスターはエクシーズ素材の状態で墓地へ送られます。(11/03/19)

http://yugioh-wiki.net/index.php?%A5%A8%A5%AF%A5%B7%A1%BC%A5%BA%BE%A4%B4%AD
Back to top Go down
curryman
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
curryman

Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:44 am

pokekid88 wrote:
Anyway, this is the ruling and the link to it if u wan:

Q:エクシーズ召喚に対して《神の宣告》や《神の警告》を発動して無効にできますか?
  また、エクシーズ召喚が無効になった場合、エクシーズ素材となったモンスターはどうなりますか?
A:はい、無効にできます。
  そうした場合、モンスターはエクシーズ素材の状態で墓地へ送られます。(11/03/19)

http://yugioh-wiki.net/index.php?%A5%A8%A5%AF%A5%B7%A1%BC%A5%BA%BE%A4%B4%AD

lol, all jap. cannot read ><
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:54 am

exceed mon kena warning or solemn ,exceed mon and materials go grave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exceed rulings update   exceed rulings update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

exceed rulings update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2