Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

[completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO

Go down 
+22
bahamut84
P0tato
Lolzorx
hisos
redempt1233
Akira
MintStar
Ball-Snow
AngryBoy92
wingwing98
yuki judai
Blackie
Kyubi
bishzor101
andrewspectra
Axehead
fireowners
holylight
pokekid88
XiaoCola
t3chy
je$$
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-10-15

[completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:30 am

Ya I think so too ^^

Last edited by AngryBoy92 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am

wa alex sia so anngry
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:59 pm

result updated,congrats to our DRBRAINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ok u all now can flame and brag about the format + pairings + whatever u not happy about.
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 am

i tot royal roaders = first time get into top8 and won =\

anw, congrats to brainy on winning =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:16 am

everything is okie... but i think the first round swiss was too much coincidence that i have seen more than 10 pairs who fought the person queueing infront or behind during deck check ba... haha...

Anyway, MR ORANGE BOY WHO WORE ORANGE UNDERWEAR TODAY! YES BRAINY I MEAN U! Gd luck in LA lol...
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 am

Clarence wrote:
everything is okie... but i think the first round swiss was too much coincidence that i have seen more than 10 pairs who fought the person queueing infront or behind during deck check ba... haha...

Anyway, MR ORANGE BOY WHO WORE ORANGE UNDERWEAR TODAY! YES BRAINY I MEAN U! Gd luck in LA lol...

I had to fight Jin Hao first Swiss and I was in front of him doing deck check :O

Congrats to all winners!!

Not very good format IMO, some decks need more thinking than others, then u end slower then got less points, ppl who chiong get more points, you want to chiong but your opponent keep thinking and say wait in the end also finish slower than others....

Next time just see win/lose then score lah =.=
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 am

Ahz... I nothing much to say lor...

Today seriously lucky.
I was 8th at Swiss and 9th was just 0.72 points behind me.

Without doubt, I drew into Gearframe alot today. Haha...

Thanks for all the good wishes!
Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 am

For those that did not read the website regarding the scoring system, time is only involved to determine your starting score. For the five round of Swiss, time is not involved in any manner.

Your score is calculated through your winning percentage (based on yours and your opponent's score) together with your actual wins (2-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-2). For actual calculation, refer to http://www.konami-asia.com/th/yugi5d/en/event/ncs/2010/singapore_wcs_semi_final.html

In short, if your opponent is strong (i.e. has a high score) and you win him, you will gain more points from him. However, if you play against a weak opponent (i.e. has a low score), you will gain lesser points in retrospect. The reverse is true as well; if you lose against a strong opponent, you will lose lesser points.

It's quite a fair system that determines your standing based on the opponents that you played. It favors players that plays against strong opponents.
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
redempt1233
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 am

walao i emo ler... kena de 5 win swiss curse=.=......
Back to top Go down
hisos
Duelist
Duelist
hisos

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:36 am

Hi everyone,

Thank you for participating ysd National hope u all did enjoy ysd event. I would like to apologist for the inconvenience cause and also the technical problem occurs during the event.

To improve the standard of future tournament I do need everyone help, if anyone of u are interested to be an National Official Judge please let me know. And to have a better tournament in the future I also need very constructive feedback (no personal feedback will be entertain) from you all in order for us to improve future tournament.

Some feedback we want to know:

- How you think about this tournament?
- How you think about the venue?
- How the Judge manage the event?
- Is the time schedule to tide?
- Is 45mins per round too long?
- How you felt about the new system?

These are things we want to know and you can also add on constructive idea which can improve future tournament.

Once again congrz to Jeremy for being the 2010 National Champion and welcome to the Singapore National Dueling Team.

Thank you.

Regards

Bryan Tew (MoV)
Singapore YuGiOh Head Judge
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:49 am

Venue : Easy to find, but do prefer a room where there will be no spectators nearby

Judge : The judges are great. Judges should not only take charge of their assigned tables. I heard that because of some1 asking about ruling, his win time was delayed for a few mins. no other judge came to write the time for him

Time : 45mins per round should be ok, some decks need more thinking time

System : First time having this type of scoring system, not used to it yet. The deck submittion was not very good. I believe there could be a better way to get the decklist and not thru the online system.
Back to top Go down
Lolzorx
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
Lolzorx

Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 pm

I think the tournament this time is a big success
but for venue, i hope that there is a bigger area as when the people are not dueling the place is so crammed
and as for the new system i think many would prefer walk-ins as walk-ins would enable people to be able to perfect their deck last minute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 pm

yeah the online thingy... confirm have error one... lolz...
Back to top Go down
P0tato
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
P0tato

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:25 pm

ConGratz to Dr.Brainy and Good Luck : )
Back to top Go down
redempt1233
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
redempt1233

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:51 pm

As compared to the other major tournies for the past years, I think this year is the most successful one. The only fault lies in the online deck submission part. Anyways, Gd luck to Brainy and Benjamin for worlds at LA=)
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
bahamut84

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:36 pm

This time round the tournament is a lot better.

Here are some feedbacks:

1) The pairings
- I think this should go to the HK side since its their program and no players should be paired to the same opponent again. I was paired to Jeremy 3 times. And I'm sure some players also had the same situation. Even though the HK Konami staff managed to fix it, but it shouldn't happen again.

2) The score system
- I'm sure a lot of players did not expect this and were not aware that the final standings will be based on the score instead of number of wins. It encourages the players to bribe the opponent for 2-0 scores. True story.

3) Venue
- A little small and the non participants don't have much space to do their trading and casual duels.

Everything else was good.
Back to top Go down
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Here's what I feel.

How you think about this tournament?
I think this tournament should be considered a success given the overall atmosphere, level of organisation as well as competency of judges. Kudos to the management team.

How you think about the venue?
Venue was ok. Easily Accessible and not too open to crowd. The cones and barrier helped much. There was a supermart right next to the location, allowing quick access to any consumables that anyone required. The only thing was that it is too much compact to have any real room for players to trade.

How the Judge manage the event?
Excellent. I did not see or have any problems with rulings or other related stuff. Well done.

Is the time schedule too tight?
It felt alright. Almost 1 hour per duel is ok, unless you took your game to the end of 45 mins and have less than 15 mins to rest.

Is 45mins per round too long?
It felt alright.

How you felt about the new system?
If by system you mean the scoring system, I think it is ok. Since this system is basically the same system used in other sports to calculate scores and ranking, there's shouldn't be much criticism.
The only flaw was the confusion between whether the ratings or the wins would be taken into priority consideration. I'd admit, at the end of round 4 when I had 2 lost and got paired to a friend, I was thinking just play for the sake of it. Since technically under Mantis system with 64 players and top 8 cutoff, I'd be out with 2 lost. I think the confusion led to quite a no. of "give ups" at 4th and 5th round. Overall this remains a new system that players must adapt to, or the management to change.

Other feedback
Earlier part of the day, when players doing deck checks, there was a choke at the first counter where you'd receive your decklist. I see that the deck check counter would be empty while players are choked at the counter receiving decklist. I think this could be improved by either additional manning to that counter, or by allowing more participants to inspect their decklist at a go. It appears that inspecting decklist took longer than the actual deckcheck itself.

The platform for online decklist submission seems to be very raw. If possible, a check on the no. of same cards added could be added to it. I hear of people adding 10 Dark Emperor Caius when they were doing it. It would be great if it could be linked to the side and extra decks, referenced to the forbidden and restricted list as well.

In addition, on the aspect of the final alteration of decklist, perhaps the same online platform should be opened to participants, instead of using e-mail directly. This way, we won't see the case of having an e-mail jam or late delivery of e-mails causing other problems.
The timing of the dateline could be improved as well. 11pm was not very ideal, if possible, perhaps it should be limited to say 6am or 9am, before normal office hours. Those are the typical asian sleep hours, so it shouldn't have much impact on the management side in my opinion. However, it does make a lot of difference to participants who wish to have a bit more of playtesting for the evening.

Once again, thanks for making this event a success.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:55 pm

@Akira

Hmm something like ELO system ah o.o

@hisos

-How you think about this tournament?

Okay la but I think last year was better. Online registration not very good. Walk-in better. Got more ppl come. Keeping deck also not very good.... The red hospital tag also not very good.... Stick the sticker on your shirt also not very good....

Find a bigger and easier to find area... My friend take taxi say PoMo drivers all dunno where =.=

Good

- Is the time schedule to tide?

No

No

Neutral about scoring system. Got good and bad points. Elimination before Swiss also dunno what to say. Got good and bad points also...

Nvmmmmmmmmmm scrub at World's, win more at locals lor...
Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Akira

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Blackie wrote:
@Akira

Hmm something like ELO system ah o.o

Yes.

Clarence wrote:

This is simply cos people in the queue finished their games at the same time, hence they have the same starting score.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Mehh, but I think everybody should have a same starting score bah...

IMO its more fair...
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:16 pm

I dont like the format at all cos lots of cheating and dark bribe flying around,let me reveal the flaws

1) You may use a different construction of deck for the qualifying tournament, but you MUST use the submitted decklist after getting into the Swiss.

Most of the people will be using 1 deck for the whole day since there will be no deck check for the eli round,i can prepare 99 decks and depending who my opponent is I can use a deck to fully counter my opponent's deck if i know what he is using for that day.

2) 5 swiss rounds

5 swiss rounds is not the correct number for 64 players,if the management team still dont follow the instruction for the swiss round system then dont use this system.I think we shall revert back to the time when the format just single eli till the end,with this there will be no cheating involved.

3) Win asap in eli to get more points

this is the most retarded thing I ever seen in my life,we already knew 99% of the losers gonna give 2-0 to their opponent and countless "dark bribe" going on during the eli .Like blackie said we all should start with the same amount of points,otherwise cheating is 100% applied in this round.

4) scores over no. of wins

I always thought that scores exist just for tie breakers,didnt expect so many players with 4 wins and still cant get to top8 and instead 3 wins > them .The system definitely got error.

5) pairings

as some people mentioned they are paired with the person who queued infront/behind,something fishy and no need explaination.

so overall I conclude that the format is 100% sucks
Back to top Go down
bishzor101
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
bishzor101

Number of posts : 680
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Power Tool Dragon stole the attention of the judges!
Back to top Go down
MYultimate
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
MYultimate

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Pairing:
judge should do a bit of shuffling to e pairing cos when i pick mine, i realise some of them r stucked together due to unevenly shuffled n thus causing the error of ppl getting paired with those in front/behind him...

Online Registration & Deck list:
I like the online registration, but its just tat we r unable to make further changes to the deck which is regretful for those hu wants to fine tune it a little further or other issues like unable to find cards in the very last min n ardy submitted decklist thus unable to have full 15side deck on e actual day or r force to buy the card at extreme high price.

Rest of the comments are being spoken but for the effort and management wise, its excellent. Just tat some system can be improved...
Back to top Go down
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AngryBoy92

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 pm

je$$ wrote:
I dont like the format at all cos lots of cheating and dark bribe flying around,let me reveal the flaws

1) You may use a different construction of deck for the qualifying tournament, but you MUST use the submitted decklist after getting into the Swiss.

Most of the people will be using 1 deck for the whole day since there will be no deck check for the eli round,i can prepare 99 decks and depending who my opponent is I can use a deck to fully counter my opponent's deck if i know what he is using for that day.

This may be true but then the same goes for your opponent as well so let say both of them are trying to use decks that counters each other then... As far as I know there will be no1 who has so many decks Lol =p

je$$ wrote:
2) 5 swiss rounds

5 swiss rounds is not the correct number for 64 players,if the management team still dont follow the instruction for the swiss round system then dont use this system.I think we shall revert back to the time when the format just single eli till the end,with this there will be no cheating involved.

We will take this into consideration next time ^^

je$$ wrote:
[b]3) Win asap in eli to get more points

this is the most retarded thing I ever seen in my life,we already knew 99% of the losers gonna give 2-0 to their opponent and countless "dark bribe" going on during the eli .Like blackie said we all should start with the same amount of points,otherwise cheating is 100% applied in this round.

I agrees to this as everyone should be equal after they have successfully won their elimination rounds.

je$$ wrote:
[b]4) scores over no. of wins

I always thought that scores exist just for tie breakers,didnt expect so many players with 4 wins and still cant get to top8 and instead 3 wins > them .The system definitely got error.

As for this format it is just similar to the scoring system that had been used at sevaral Jurong Tourneys
2-0=3 Points Gained
2-1=2 Points Gained

Thus I win 2-0 twice is also equal to a player winning 2-1 Thrice. Just that this time it involves the opponent who you have fought with as well.(Correct me if I am wrong cause I might be wrong >_<)

je$$ wrote:
5) pairings

as some people mentioned they are paired with the person who queued infront/behind,something fishy and no need explaination.

Do u mean for the elimination or the swiss rounds? As for the elimination round they picked for their seat and opponent so maybe the shuffling of the lots might not be good enough as some people did mentioned that it is stacked together.As for the pairings for the swiss rounds they did not set the system to not to pair the same person against someone again.They used to be using this system for their tourney as they will be having let say 400 participants so there might be a wider range of people having similar points unlike this time where we might have only less than 10 people having similar points, so as for the system will not recognize the same pairings thus the same pairings will occur.

je$$ wrote:
so overall I conclude that the format is 100% sucks

Anyway thank you for your feedback of the event ^^

MYultimate wrote:
Pairing:
judge should do a bit of shuffling to e pairing cos when i pick mine, i realise some of them r stucked together due to unevenly shuffled n thus causing the error of ppl getting paired with those in front/behind him...

Online Registration & Deck list:
I like the online registration, but its just tat we r unable to make further changes to the deck which is regretful for those hu wants to fine tune it a little further or other issues like unable to find cards in the very last min n ardy submitted decklist thus unable to have full 15side deck on e actual day or r force to buy the card at extreme high price.

Rest of the comments are being spoken but for the effort and management wise, its excellent. Just tat some system can be improved...

We will take this into consideration next time as this is the 1st time that Konami wanted online registration. Anyway thx for your feedback
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

LOL, Alex ah, I agree that there is scoring used in JE etc, but in the end number of wins should still count over points rather then the other way round.

And anyway it doesnt make any reason to have the single eli round with people using different decks. I understand that logical sense you will do deck check after eli round only, but why not just tell them that it has to be the same deck. Also, everyone should be on equal standings after eli round. Otherwise everyone will tell opp "Since you lost the eli round alr, can you just give me 2-0 so that i can have a better score?".

Plus regardless of how many participants, unless you have more participants then number of rounds, you should never have to fight the same opponent twice so they should take note to put in that setting i guess. And if time can afford it, I agree that we should do more rounds. Last time there were lesser rounds even, due to fail format of playing the single round for 2 different groups of people, but with the first round eli and you only play 1 round once, might as well increase to 6 or even more round swiss even? (Excluding time wasted for the pairing problem, 6 round swiss could have definelty been done yesterday)

Well, anyway i have to say this time round's event is alot more smoother in comparison to the last 3 years, thanks to the inclusion of the HK staff this time round without doubt. Just maybe feedback to them about the scoring system, and maybe use back the old mantis system which I think nobody will really complain then. (Nobody ever complained about the mantis system before, with the exception of... human interference shall we say, yes?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Ok la actually I don't want rant but see ppl rant liao I suddenly got mood to rant also.

AngryBoy92 wrote:
As for this format it is just similar to the scoring system that had been used at sevaral Jurong Tourneys
2-0=3 Points Gained
2-1=2 Points Gained

Thus I win 2-0 twice is also equal to a player winning 2-1 Thrice. Just that this time it involves the opponent who you have fought with as well.(Correct me if I am wrong cause I might be wrong >_<)

Not true la, they got smth like ELO scoring system(correct me if I'm wrong), not see 2-0 or 2-1.

Give u example:

Blackie - Current points 2000
Unknown - Current points 1000

So its like the system will see that I am 2 times better than that guy in skills and everything, so when we battle, I would be forking out 1000 points, and the unknown guy will probably be forking out 100 points.

So if I lose,

Blackie minus 1000 points = 1000
Unknown gains 1000 points = 2000

But if I win,

Blackie gains 100 points = 1100
Unknown loses 100 points = 900

Something like that lah, just that I don't know how they decide how much points you will "fork out" when you fight.

So back to main point, you pawn noobs, you gain less points. You pawn pros, you gain more points, not see 2-0 or 2-1. But then again, pros and noobs should not even be taken into consideration la, all of us are human we should be treated equally la not see who pro, see who noob then decide how many points you should win or lose. BAD FORMAT.

So you can say like, the 3 wins guy pawn 3 UBER PROS and gained LOTS OF POINTS and lost to 2 UBER PROS and lost a bit of points, so in the end is points a lot, and the 5 wins guy pawn 5 UBER NOOBS and gain a little points, so the 3 wins guy obviously will have higher score than 5 wins guy. (not accusing or saying anything, just giving example)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong ar.

And yes, bribery was everywhere, everyone is just bribing to win in the Elimination rounds please.
Not nice to name any names, but you all know who you are lah... Lose liao then want bribe.

But then again, I also feel that having an Elimination round before actual Swiss is retarded.

If having an elimination round before the Swiss is to reduce number of players, then this is really unfair.

Why not just get a bigger place and just have 2 waves or something? Some ppl also suay, during Elimination see decks that counter their deck then out liao....

AngryBoy92 wrote:
This may be true but then the same goes for your opponent as well so let say both of them are trying to use decks that counters each other then... As far as I know there will be no1 who has so many decks Lol =p

Our Neuxcharge has MANY MANY decks lol.... Just that he never really bring a lot yesterday lol.

But really la the scoring system really damn shit [censored by admin], the 5 and 4 wins ppl damn yuan wang lei nvr go up at all, cos lose by A BIT of points nia, if they during elimination round win 1 minute faster then they go up liao what... But then some players like to play cautiously and carefully, where got ppl start 2nd then summon Shura Bora Bora Bora Gale all attack try to reduce his life to 0 ASAP right....

If the reason for keeping our decks etc. is to prevent cheating, then cheating will be replaced by bribery, and bribery is also a form of cheating what. In the end also not fair to others who really play hard to get in, just to be kicked out by some rich [censored by admin] who bought everybody's 2-0.

In the end, this system only encourages YGO to be corrupted la, I play YGO to enjoy and have fun with my friends then in the end, this stupid format make everybody so competitive and using money/cards to buy wins, like this very fun meh ?

Sux format and most importantly sux prize for those winners. Sit there play so long for pitiful prizes.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
fireowners

Number of posts : 1332
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Another thing about the location, not onli is the place smaller by quite a bit, wherever we sit or stand to trade/play, we will be causing inconvinience to shopkeepers. And sure got some kpkb idiotic aunties come make noise de. Dunnoe how to say excuse me, jitao scold. Not onli that, we stand near shop, kena security scold. If we dun stand near the shop, where else can we stand?? Not like onli 10-20 ppl go. One last thing, organizer said go to the piano shop at the back there to trade/play, but gt ppl keep going into the shop, and we have to keep moving..........
Back to top Go down
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AngryBoy92

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:39 am

Venue is Uncle Jimmy decide one cant be changed, and because of that we have to set up Elimination and also because of having elimination we have to save up time so we decided that we should check winners deck only which is the 60 participants. However as for the point system winnning 2-0 and 2-1 does matters also,the formula can be seen below. As for fighting the same opponents again I agree that it is our fault for not checking the system before hand =( as for the bribery, we will try to prevent it but we just happen to be not on the spot thus we cannot catch them.

Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG world ranking is based on the 'Elo rating system' which used by international sport rank calculating. All duelist's ranking will be calculated by the following formula.
 Rn = Ro+16(M-We) 
Rn : New Rating
    ( The final ranking will be decided by this rating after the match. )
Ro : Old Rating
    ( This rating which is announced before the match, is calculated by the result of previous match. )
M : Multiplier
    ( Multiplier Point(s) will be awarded after the match: Winner [Win:Lose] 5[2:0], 2[2:1] points, Loser [Lose:Win] -2[0:2], 0[1:2] points )
We : Expected winning rating
    ( The expected winning rating will be calculated by the following formula. It is beneficial to upgrade your rating if your opponent is strong. )
Or : Your opponent's rating before the match
Pr : Your rating before the match
W : Winning Point
Winning points = 16 * (M - We)
Back to top Go down
asakura_y
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
asakura_y

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:53 am

- How you think about this tournament?
Well organized, well managed, well controlled and monitored.

Location is good for those in the city/central area, but abut out-of-reach for the khatib, yishun players, n more so for the simei, jurong players.

Nicely coordinated. I'm not sure if there were any rulings dispute which required the head judge to step up.

- Is the time schedule to tight?
Might not be enough for most players, especially those who walked-in before 8am, played thru eli, and den went into swiss. Most of them did not have time for a proper meal until near noon.

No comments. I think slowly, so perhaps others might not like it.

The Elo system sounds good. Shows the card game progressing into a mind sport, instead of a children's game.

*Most of the time, I hear Benjamin shouting at the top of his voice, to do crowd control. As a current reigning World Champ, I believe he should not be potraying such a strict image. Yes, I agree that some sound/vocal enhancements is needed for events like this. Another alternative is to prepare large boards with instructions. I personally found it very offended to have someone shout out the instructions. Perhaps, use a whistle to grab the attention first, in future events?

Juz my 5 cents worth. Dun flame me plz.
Back to top Go down
ahyong
Duelist
Duelist
ahyong

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:13 am

Free to join.. have top 8 prize and lucky draw is the best.. hope to c that...
Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Akira

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 am

AngryBoy92 wrote:
Venue is Uncle Jimmy decide one cant be changed, and because of that we have to set up Elimination and also because of having elimination we have to save up time so we decided that we should check winners deck only which is the 60 participants. However as for the point system winnning 2-0 and 2-1 does matters also,the formula can be seen below. As for fighting the same opponents again I agree that it is our fault for not checking the system before hand =( as for the bribery, we will try to prevent it but we just happen to be not on the spot thus we cannot catch them.

Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG world ranking is based on the 'Elo rating system' which used by international sport rank calculating. All duelist's ranking will be calculated by the following formula.
 Rn = Ro+16(M-We) 
Rn : New Rating
    ( The final ranking will be decided by this rating after the match. )
Ro : Old Rating
    ( This rating which is announced before the match, is calculated by the result of previous match. )
M : Multiplier
    ( Multiplier Point(s) will be awarded after the match: Winner [Win:Lose] 5[2:0], 2[2:1] points, Loser [Lose:Win] -2[0:2], 0[1:2] points )

We : Expected winning rating
    ( The expected winning rating will be calculated by the following formula. It is beneficial to upgrade your rating if your opponent is strong. )
Or : Your opponent's rating before the match
Pr : Your rating before the match
W : Winning Point
Winning points = 16 * (M - We)

No offense, but you have just contradicted yourself. silent
As seen in the formula, M is determined by the Win:Lose ratio as follow:
2:0 - 5 points
2:1 - 2 points
1:2 - 0 point
0:2 - -2 points
Just pointing out to those that missed it out.

Edit: I misread "does matters also" as "does not matters also". orz
Back to top Go down
redempt1233
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
redempt1233

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 am

ahyong wrote:
ya lo i fully agree wif ah yonggg... go top 8 end up also didnt get prize like quite emo lol, understand that the tourney is free but still, that 5th to 8th consolation prize will not make the scrubber who has high ranking in the swiss rounds scrub immediately in the top 8 feel so emo xd....
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
holylight

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:45 am

lol but the single eli lose also got prize the deck box haha
Back to top Go down
MYultimate
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
MYultimate

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:40 pm

redempt1233 wrote:
ahyong wrote:
ya lo i fully agree wif ah yonggg... go top 8 end up also didnt get prize like quite emo lol, understand that the tourney is free but still, that 5th to 8th consolation prize will not make the scrubber who has high ranking in the swiss rounds scrub immediately in the top 8 feel so emo xd....

if the forum haf like, i would like this... i agree top 8 should be given something else like all for nothing...
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
holylight

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:35 pm

but got free deck box for 128 ppl
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 pm

That is a Door gift... not a prize...thanks...

Btw... joining for a short 2 months in this forum and spamming 200+ post is .......
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:42 am

pokekid88 wrote:

Btw... joining for a short 2 months in this forum and spamming 200+ post is .......

To Pokekid at 3 years with only 1000+ posts, that is such an insult!
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:59 am

Axehead wrote:
pokekid88 wrote:

To Pokekid at 3 years with only 1000+ posts, that is such an insult!

For u saying this is then an insult to me....LOL

x_x

u thinking write a post so easy de ah..? must think de...X_x
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 am

LOL you see holylight's posts, got think one meh!?
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:37 am

Axehead wrote:
LOL you see holylight's posts, got think one meh!?

He no think is his business mah... Now u trying to spam also...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO   [completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[completed]SINGAPORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP JUNE 20 @ POMO
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2