Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

[COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)

Go down 
+11
holylight
kKbz
shaunewbiez
Akira
bahamut84
vampirerion
alice0324
jusjustjustin
navinetwork
je$$
Banana
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Banana
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Banana

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-23

[COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) Empty
PostSubject: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 pm

** Information is tentative and could change

Date: 13 March 2011

Venue: TBC

Prizes:

1st: 1 Gold Medal & PlayStation 3 (PS3) + Possible YGO products
2nd: 1 Silver Medal & PlayStation Portable (PSP) + Possible YGO products
3rd: 1 Bronze Medal & 1 Box of Extreme Victory (EXVC)
4th: 24 Packs of Extreme Victory (EXVC)
5th - 8th: 9 Packs of Extreme Victory (EXVC) + 1 Deck Protector

More details will be posted as and when it becomes available.

Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 am

seems like we are using sept 2010 banlist,hopefully some1 can confirm these are real

from konami's forum

http://konami.homeip.net/cmnscript/ygo_forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=353

Quote :
Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Asia Championship 2011 Singapore

Date: 13th March 2011, Sunday
Time: Registration @ 9 a.m.
Event Start @ 10 a.m.
Venue: CardMaster (Dhoby Ghaut)
Entry Fee: 5 Packs of OCG Boosters
Apply deadline: From 17th February 2011 to 6th March,2011

Tournament format:
Swiss Pairing
Top 8 Single Eliminations

Link: http://www.konami-asia.com/ygo_asc2011_sg

Quote :
We will use 2011-02 Asian Restricted list for all qualifying tournament. And will use 2011-03 Asian Restricted list during Malaysia Finals!!

the "ban list" can be found here
http://www.konami-asia.com/th/yugi5d/en/event/dk_forbidden.php?list_asia=201102
Back to top Go down
navinetwork
Duelist
Duelist
navinetwork

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is the Details of the Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore):

[COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) Acs20110
Back to top Go down
http://ygo-cafe.blogspot.com
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 am

RESULT

1ST JEFF,BF
2ND BRYAN TEW, BF
3RD SHELTON, 6SAM
4TH MILTON, BF
=======
5-8
CLARENCE ,6SAM
SHIFU, DOPPEL
QIANRUI, 6sam
Hong rui, 6sam
Back to top Go down
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jusjustjustin

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:30 am

last chance for BF to own Sad
Back to top Go down
navinetwork
Duelist
Duelist
navinetwork

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:57 am

Dear all Participants, on behalf from Cardmaster, the collection of the Door Gift will be available for collection at end of March. Please remember to bring along your coupon on the day of collection. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Back to top Go down
http://ygo-cafe.blogspot.com
alice0324
Duelist
Duelist
alice0324

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 pm

i not using SIX SAM , i use BF ..............................

i am Qr

pls correct ..........
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
vampirerion

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

je$$ wrote:
RESULT

1ST JEFF,BF
2ND BRYAN TEW, BF
3RD SHELTON, 6SAM
4TH MILTON, BF
=======
5-8
CLARENCE ,6SAM
SHIFU, DOPPEL
QIANRUI, 6sam
Hong rui, 6sam

Correction:

1ST JEFF,BF
2ND BRYAN TEW, BF
3RD SHELTON, 6SAM
4TH MILTON, BF
=======
5-8
CLARENCE ,6SAM
SHIFU, DOPPEL
QIANRUI, BF
Hong rui, 6sam
Back to top Go down
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
bahamut84

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Videos for the top 8 and featured matches are all done.

http://duelingdays.blogspot.com/2011/03/2011-asia-championship-reports.html
Back to top Go down
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Akira

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm

As usual, here's my feedback to the recently concluded Asian Championship 2011 Singapore Qualifier. Note that "you" or "your" in the following shall refer to the judging team as a whole.

Before the actual event, there's already quite a few hiccups, but I believe they can be resolved through proper communication with the community.

Firstly, there were multiple dates given for online deck submission:
  • The poster mentioned 7th March.
  • The Official Asia forum mentioned 6th March.
  • The Official website for the deck submission mentioned 8th March.
  • navinetwork mentioned 8th March.

In the players' defense, there was no way to tell which date was the correct one, until it was too late. I understand that some of the above are not within your control, namely the Official website and forum, but the misunderstanding can be minimized if you actually notice the issue early and try to remedy it (i.e. email to Konami and see if they can fix the wrong information on the Official side).

Secondly, despite having a FAQ section for the Singapore Qualifier, it was severely underutilized. The Judging Team was not announced until the actual day itself, hence there was no way of telling whose words to trust in that thread. I know some of the questions are not within your boundaries, but you should still answer as many questions as you can, and try to find out the rest. Keeping the community in a limbo is terrible.

Now onto the actual event.
Having the pairing system crash was a disaster, but it was definitely out of your control, since you didn't have the system until the night before. Taking only about 1-2 hours to recover and continue with the tournament is a job well done and deserves proper credits given.

The following between Jeremy & HongRui is purely based on what I heard from both players, since they were near my table at the time of the infraction. I might not have heard the whole story since I wasn't around when the Judges made their judgment.

There was a wrong play that happened due to HongRui forgetting to resolve a mandatory effect. The mistake was not noticed until HongRui had won that game and both players had kept their cards; hence the game state is considered to be irreparable. Here are some of the possible judgment that can be meted out:
  1. Game Loss to HongRui and Warning to Jeremy.
    Apply this only if you believe that HongRui "forgot" to resolve his mandatory effect intentionally in order to gain an unfair advantage.
  2. Warning to both HongRui and Jeremy, but the game win still stands (i.e. HongRui gets his win).
    Apply this if you believe both players are responsible for failing to notice and resolve the mandatory effect, but the mistake is negligible in affecting the game outcome.
  3. Warning to both HongRui and Jeremy, the game win does not stand, and a re-game is to be conducted.
    Apply this if you believe both players are responsible for failing to notice and resolve the mandatory effect, but the mistake is critical in affecting the game outcome.

Judgment 3 was meted out and it seems reasonable to me. Hopefully the judging team had discussed prior to meting out this judgment. However, HongRui seems rather unsatisfied with the judgment, which probably meant that the explanation given to him was rather lacking.

Following the above was the decision to give them a double Loss (due to system constraint) as they played into a Draw. However, in the later rounds, the Time-Over Procedure was bended to include a Sudden Death in order to eliminate a Draw from happening. This is a terrible decision. Once a judgment has been meted out, even if you learnt that it was a wrong judgment, you should continue to uphold it until the end of the tournament. This is to maintain fairness and consistency. After the tournament, you should then clarify the error with the community.
Edit: DS had clarified this situation with me. Though not the best decision, it was still one of the better ones due to the uncanny twist of events.

Nonetheless, the tournament was a success, despite the above shortcomings, and the new judging team deserves all the credits for making it such. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in the next World Championship 2011 Singapore Qualifier. Godspeed.
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Not to rant or anything, I myself have some feedback, and although it may seem like an error on my part for not asking and checking twice, I'd like to address this situation which happened to me. On sunday I arrived just on time to collect my decklist outside Card Master. However, upon entering the shop, one of the judges told me to "join the queue" which I did, assuming I had no priority whatsoever, making me the last in the queue. However, about 5minutes later, another judge came out to cut me, and 3 other guys in front of me from the queue, telling us that "we were too late" in response to one of the 3 guys telling him that they signed up online, or at least from what I heard myself, though this is unclear. Which then caused me not to ask anymore and left the venue. Upon coming back shortly after the 4th round began, I've been told that those who signed up online was already registered in, which then caused some confusion here and there. I know it is mostly my fault for not asking and checking with another judge, and I should not expect anything to be done for me, however, I'd like to request that maybe they could call those that collected the decklist proving their attendance, but do not show up at their tables if possible. Although I won't be joining future official tournaments for the next year or so due to the fact I'm *PROBABLY* banned by Konami. >_>

Last edited by shaunewbiez on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
kKbz

Number of posts : 715

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Maybe you could try email konami about it ? As in it's not an intentional act for being absent during the registration, the ban on you might be removed ._.

The decisions is stills up to them =\
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
holylight

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 am

kKbz wrote:
Maybe you could try email konami about it ? As in it's not an intentional act for being absent during the registration, the ban on you might be removed ._.

The decisions is stills up to them =\

agree with jeff u email konami tell them what happen on that day and see what they will do

jeff good luck for ur tournament on 17/04/2011 which u all the best
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:12 am

Hmm, I'll try that, thanks jeff and holylight! Very Happy

Just to ask, how to check if you're even banned or not? LOL.

And yeah, all the best for your tourneys jeff!
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
kKbz

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 am

Thanks >.<~.. will try my best !!
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 am

Still.. Not exactly sure if I'm banned, hopefully they "mark attendance" based on who collected their decklist. :/
Back to top Go down
Imbalanze
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Imbalanze

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm

you're shaun lin is it ?
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah. Why?
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
vampirerion

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Imbalanze wrote:
you're shaun lin is it ?

@EXXIII, Imbalanze you are that noob who bullied some kid is it?
Back to top Go down
Sazabi
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
Sazabi

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Off topic : Nobody create the thread?
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Sazabi wrote:

whoever creates will die immediately,better dont start one.....

settle this at the "u know where" place
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
vampirerion

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm

je$$ wrote:
Sazabi wrote:

whoever creates will die immediately,better dont start one.....

settle this at the "u know where" place

bring the guy go your house settle arh?
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 pm

As far as I know, those who are 'banned' will just receive a message you have been banned kinda thing when they try registering online for the next big tournament. Thats about all the info I have.

With regards to the ban, it is completely controlled by the HK Konami people so please email them if you have any further questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:38 am

Sounds logical, but any other way to check to confirm if I'm really banned?
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
kKbz

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:45 am

Email them for the issue and wait for replies ._. (and reasons for your absent and preferably in a polite,apologetic tone if possible good luck)
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:37 am

Akira wrote:

Following the above was the decision to give them a double Loss (due to system constraint) as they played into a Draw. However, in the later rounds, the Time-Over Procedure was bended to include a Sudden Death in order to eliminate a Draw from happening. This is a terrible decision. Once a judgment has been meted out, even if you learnt that it was a wrong judgment, you should continue to uphold it until the end of the tournament. This is to maintain fairness and consistency. After the tournament, you should then clarify the error with the community.
Edit: DS had clarified this situation with me. Though not the best decision, it was still one of the better ones due to the uncanny twist of events.

Nonetheless, the tournament was a success, despite the above shortcomings, and the new judging team deserves all the credits for making it such. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in the next World Championship 2011 Singapore Qualifier. Godspeed.

Regardless whether the decision was the better of the alternatives, I personally felt that better communication could be in place.

Put it simply, you would be more inclined to listen if it was told, rather than realised on your owned.

There is nothing we will do or can do to change the result now, the best thing we can do is to move on forward.

This is not to discredit Jeff for his win. Wishing him a good luck in the upcoming Asian Championship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)   [COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore) Empty

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETED]Asia Championship 2011 (Singapore)
Page 1 of 1