Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Few more questions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Few more questions. Empty
PostSubject: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:17 am

Okay guys, so let's say I summon a monster, can I chain Xing Zhen Hu Replica directly to it's summon so that no Bottomless Trap Hole can activate, or does my opponent have the next move to chain something after my summon?

Also, what if it's a effect that triggers upon summon? E.g sp. Gyzarus, trigger effect activates, can I chain Xing Zhen Hu Replica straightaway or does my opponent get to chain something first?

Lastly, let's say I tag in GB Darius, he pulls out a previously successfully sp.ed Gyzarus, if I chain book of moon to Darius summon, I heard that the pulled monsters effect won't be negated? And if it's really true, do I get to use Gyzarus' effect to destroy 2 more cards since it's special summoned? And I can't use Darius' effect on Gyzarus if Gyzarus wasn't successfully summoned (warning, judgment) in the first place right?

Thanks again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 am

Quote :
Okay guys, so let's say I summon a monster, can I chain Xing Zhen Hu Replica directly to it's summon so that no Bottomless Trap Hole can activate, or does my opponent have the next move to chain something after my summon?

You are turn player, u do have the rights to chain yr xing zhen hu first. But it does not stop your opponent to activate bottomless traphole.

Quote :
Also, what if it's a effect that triggers upon summon? E.g sp. Gyzarus, trigger effect activates, can I chain Xing Zhen Hu Replica straightaway or does my opponent get to chain something first?

Again, turn player has the right to activate first

Quote :
Lastly, let's say I tag in GB Darius, he pulls out a previously successfully sp.ed Gyzarus, if I chain book of moon to Darius summon, I heard that the pulled monsters effect won't be negated? And if it's really true, do I get to use Gyzarus' effect to destroy 2 more cards since it's special summoned? And I can't use Darius' effect on Gyzarus if Gyzarus wasn't successfully summoned (warning, judgment) in the first place right?

Yes, the ruling for darius was that if darius himself is not on the field upon summoning of the monster, the monster will have its effect. But the ruling was from a very long time ago, and which has now conflicted with the rullings of junk synchon and debris dragon. Not sure if there is a update for the ruling or not

And yes, darius cannot special summon a gyzarus which is not successfully summoned
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 am

Thank you for the fast reply.

So I can chain as many things as I want until I'm done/have nothing more to chain, then hand over the response to my opponent? And I said won't be able to activate bottomless traphole because I said chain Xing Zhen Hu REPLICA, whereby opponent cards can't be activated in response to that.

So I'll ask again to simplify. Am I allowed to contact for Gyzarus, activate his effect, use its effect, chain Xing Zhen Hu REPLICA/whatever cards I have left, before giving my opponent the chance to chain something? Also, if XZH REPLICA was chained, can he still chain anything else after that since it's text states that "your opponent can't activate any cards in response to this"?
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 am

Quote :
So I can chain as many things as I want until I'm done/have nothing more to chain, then hand over the response to my opponent? And I said won't be able to activate bottomless traphole because I said chain Xing Zhen Hu REPLICA, whereby opponent cards can't be activated in response to that.

You will have priority to activate a card to put it into chain link 1. After so, u must wait for your opponent to respond. For Xing Zhen Hu Repilca, after u activate it, after your summon, your opponent cannot activate in respond (e.g. bottomless traphole, tidal wave, cyclone)

Quote :
So I'll ask again to simplify. Am I allowed to contact for Gyzarus, activate his effect, use its effect, chain Xing Zhen Hu REPLICA/whatever cards I have left, before giving my opponent the chance to chain something?

Like above, after u use turn player's priority to activate a card, putting it on chain link 1, u must let your opponent have a respond. If xing zhen hu replica is activated during any part of the chain, that will be the last card on the chain.

Quote :
Also, if XZH REPLICA was chained, can he still chain anything else after that since it's text states that "your opponent can't activate any cards in response to this"?

Thus conclusion, xing zhen hu replica is as awsome like super poly; once activated, chain will end.
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Okay, that clears things up a little. So I just have one last question - Is Gyzarus effect Chain Link 1? Or can I chain XZHR to Gyzarus effect as chain link 1? Kind of forgot which will start the chain.
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Monster effects are typically speed 1 unless it is an effect that states otherwise.

E.g. an effect that can activate in opponent's turn / you may activate in response to something
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
bahamut84

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:10 pm

shaunewbiez wrote:
Okay, that clears things up a little. So I just have one last question - Is Gyzarus effect Chain Link 1? Or can I chain XZHR to Gyzarus effect as chain link 1? Kind of forgot which will start the chain.

You have to pass the priority to your opponent after you activate Gyzarus effect.
Back to top Go down
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:19 am

Oh okay. Thanks guys. With YGO in reality being all fast-paced and vague, technicality is definitely lacking in this "summon, attack, end" era. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few more questions.   Few more questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Few more questions.
Page 1 of 1