Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Dark Based Twilight Deck

Go down 
+2
XiaoCola
slyx183
6 posters
AuthorMessage
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Dark Based Twilight Deck Empty
PostSubject: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:16 pm

1st topic, oso 1st post. thought abt making this dark based twilight cos dun think LL will live past march 2010 lol... anywhere here's the deck (btw its post exp2, is that ok with this forum?):

Twilight

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 26
2x Chaos Sorcerer
2x Lightlord Summoner Lumina
2x Lightlord Hunter Raikou
2x Lightlord Beast Wulf
2x Lightlord Magician Lyla
2x Lightlord Angel Cherubim
1x Judgment Dragon
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Spirit Reaper
3x Necro Gardna
1x Zombie Carrier
2x Mezuki
2x Goblin Zombie
2x Zombie Master
1x Phantom of Chaos

Spells: 13
3x Charge of the Light Brigade
2x Allure of Darkness
2x Foolish Burial
1x Monster Reincarnation
2x Burial from a D.D.
2x Book of Life

1x Heavy Storm

Traps: 1
1x Beckoning Light

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Deck: 15

1x Fissure
1x Smashing Ground

2x Black Shining G
1x Lightlord Monk Ehren

3x Breaker the Magical Warrior
2x The Dark Creator

3x Royal Decree
2x Mirror of Oaths

Extra Deck: 11

2x Arms Aid
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary
1x Goyou Guardian
1x Black Rose Dragon
2x Stardust Dragon
2x Red Demon’s Dragon
1x Gigantech Fighter
1x Mist Wurm
[color=indigo]1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Last edited by slyx183 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 pm

IMo, dun run
2x dark grepher.
maybe try 2x jain?

dun run 2x Burial from a D.D..
IMo, u are only using for the dark arms larh.
so dunnid.
oso. u can play a build where u dunnid 2x judgement.
can play 2x celestia and 1x judgement.
more worth it.
then the common cards are cheap so no worries if they tio.
imo wont larh
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 pm

hmm i think grepher can work cuz got caius, jinzo, and gorz (if despo) as targets for ss-ing. never really liked jain lol, if add more LL then i def add lyla and cherubim. see how must think 1st...

burial oso can use to recycle and abuse gardna's and black shining g when i side, but can oso be dead draw i know...

actually i'm alr running ll's so i have everything, even got extra judgment dragons sitting in my album cos no one wants lol...

anyway thanks xiaocola!
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:37 pm

hmm.
imo, burial wont really be a dead draw if u run more LL.
cos the thing about it is that.
u are more prone to send the gardna and shining G to grave,
so more chances of outing them:D

btw.
3 fissure is very over kill alr,
plus smashing ground, not really nice eh?
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 pm

ok edited. bump. cydra was only there to provide access to lv7 synchros, but now i add cherubim so ok alr. not there there're many useful lv7's anymore lol...
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 pm

tested. cherubim a bit dead drawish cos not enuf lightlord to sac... tried grepher out and it wasn't that bad, might add back inside... otherwise BUMP to the top!
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AmosCHARGE!

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:23 pm

lol, Welcome to the Forums!! ^^

Is 3 Ryko working well for you ?

Try:
- 1 Ryko
+ 1 Lyla

Is Jinzo working well in this deck?
hmmm, 2 Krebons/clevonce
and the E Teleports in a Deck based around the grave could prove troublesome especially if the krebons get milled and you draw E Tele,
My body as shield is ok since your not running JD , but can prove to be abit situational

Dark creator can be used in here, interesting tech to use here.

Another interesting tech to use is Pot of avarice, since you can recycle the DARK Monsters and also as a failsafe to bad mills.

Other than the above points, the Deck's Awesome!!! ^^

Nice Deck!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Neuxcharge
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Don't really understand the splashed Jinzo cause you don't run returner.
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 pm

@axehead
uh jinzo here is normally just tribute summoned, for the good old reason to lock opponents traps down, if its dead in my hand or if i'm finding that my opponent doesn't seem to be setting alot then i can alway remove using allure, drop using reincarnation for something not dead, pitch for grepher, or even drop for brionac as i've been using it quite alot. dunno how easy brionac will be without clevonce now tho... thanks for the tips anyway!

@amos
3 rykos are actually ok, lyla tends to run into bottomless thus not milling and switching itself to destroy chainables, lots of them being played these days. and i don't have a 3rd lyla =P hehe. Jinzo works well as i do not run any traps, and that's where my body as a shield comes in to prevent my monsters from being destroyed by monster effects and/or spell because counter traps will no longer be a problem. but yes a little situational at times, then again i'm still testing. TDC to me is side deck material, i might cut the DDWL's to fit those two in. but thanks for the suggestions!
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AmosCHARGE!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 pm

lol, No prob ^^

What about maining the royal decrees?

Solemns at 1 so you have less to worry about ( unless Opponent has 3 Dark bribes lol )

That way, Bottomless would have lesser chance of coming out ( especially when Bth is semi-ed lol )

hmm, would cold wave be good in here?

: )
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 pm

maining decrees mean -2ing jinzos, meaning less targets for grepher, dad, allures, chaos sorc, and such... =/ in fact i don't even really know why i have decrees in the side LOL

yes i have considered cold wave, but i guess i really have to time it right as i am quite dependent on my spells for draw power and card advantage.
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 pm

EDITTED:

editted side deck.
---------------------------

want to add cold wave, but need to kick smth out... dunno wat to kick, help! BUMP
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 pm

EDITTED:

kicked 2x My Body as a shield for 1x Cold Wave and 1x Trunade to maximize OTK potential
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:03 pm

bump.
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AmosCHARGE!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Hmm, this deck can have more fixes but i just cant put my finger on what to fix.... Hmmm

How does the deck run so far?
: )
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 pm

well its been pretty smooth at busting out my sorcerer's and DaD although most of the time i still get that default thought of synching into DDB with cydra or cherubim (after blasting) for game (which was one of my fav. plays while i played LL's last format) then realizing its not there anymore =/

i think i'm missing a bit of gy monster recovery, call of the haunted being the most likely candidate now cos of its synergy with jinzo and the sided decrees. not sure what to kick tho
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AmosCHARGE!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:25 pm

hmmmm,im also stumped on what to kick off lol .
Unless a 41 card deck is implied?
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:42 pm

with charge in the deck i think i can go up to 42 without issues of too thick a deck, but even my old LL build only had 40 cards, then again i had becking light so there wasn't much worries abt losing everything.

i just really don't like the number 41, odd numbers just bug me like that haha maybe its just me... so tentatively i'll have 42 maining a brain control and call of the haunted. choosing brain over sided monster removal to give more tributes for my 4 tributes
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AmosCHARGE!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 pm

hmmmmmm, ok 42 cards it is ^^
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 pm

EDITTED:

+1 Brain Control (for more tribute fodder for caius and jinzo)
+1 Call of the Haunted (gy monster revival, good synergy with jinzo and decree)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

tested with 42, actually became more consistent, jinzo becoming impt part of the deck, only solemn, bribe, and pollinosis can stop it (unless u play horn of heaven in counter fairies lol) 1st drop jinzo then slowly drop sorc, DaD, etc. still have a problem with decks with huge monster destruction and trap unrelliance tho... feel like need to side my body as a shield again...
Back to top Go down
AmosCHARGE!
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AmosCHARGE!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Cool fix ^^
Back to top Go down
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jadow

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 pm

hm... im nt sure whats a twlight deck. aka based on soceror or lightsworn mill for dark deck portion? btw to me both the same.

hm... like every1 else says. no jinzo, get rid of cyber too. get 3 charge. when u start playing this deck u may feel like removing some solar recharges.

btw GET LUMINA/zombie master. wheres mezuki. he finally can make a comeback u knw.

dont POA. it confuses u. reincarnation, 2 is like weird. since only dad soceror and maybe gorz r yr targets.

get another celestia? seems more useful then the 2 jinzo.

1 thing. u r nt running enuf tuners. maybe can try ET and 2 kerbons or something.
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:10 pm

ehhhh, let's see...

i can change the deck for more spd by adding zombies, lumina, basically meaning out-ing caius, jinzo, grepher. adding lumina naturally means adding another cherubim cos got way more targets to tribute. lumina arnd oso naturally means 3 charge and less solar exchange cos wulf won't be as dead in hand anymore.

reincarnation is at 2 in the absence of becking light

amos made a respectable pt b4 abt milling krebons and drawing ET, and as with lightlord, twilight focus not on synchros, so not enuf tuners oso ok. but even if need d.d. burial, mezuki, and zombie master enuf to abuse carrier imo.

hmm if add lumina then jd can oso try alr... problem is no space. try. need time to edit. expect new ver. soon!

thnx jadow btw i'll post fixes as a separate list on the OP so ppl can compare the 2
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 pm

posted new zombiesworn inclined twilight decklist for ppl to compare:

bump
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:03 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
fireowners

Number of posts : 1332
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:13 pm

I prefer u to change 1 wulf to cherubim, as u have not much milling than a normal lightlord deck, therefore 3 wulf is an overkill and might cause bad hands ....
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

well there's quite alot of discard effects in this deck with 2x zombie master, 1x lumina, reincarnation, and beckoning light to ditch wulf, foolish can also dump wulfs before they become a problem, carrier can also replace wulf for a mill.

then again i see ur point abt dead wulfs. but if i out a wulf it won't be for another cherubim, cos it only gives me less targets to tribute for cherubim, maybe for a caius or phantom of chaos.
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 pm

So whatever Fireowners just stated doesn't really matter. If you drop a lightlord for Cherubum, she herself loses a target to sack. In my opinion without the Judgement it loses a lot of the Twilight feel lol.

Cause it appears more to be a Dark Variant, teching and running lightlords cause it's kickass enough and can help fuel more Darks.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
fireowners

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Then how about replacing the wulf with judgement??
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:27 pm

so axehead u're suggesting go with the 2nd build? cuz i'm running a JD in that one lol, if i drop a wulf i can even add a 2nd JD, but i have a feeling that it's gna be pretty hard dropping it, thus only running one. that leads to ur point, fireowners. i will try it out tho, but with only 5 different LL's around as compared to the 7-8 run in normal ll deck's jd is gna be pretty hard to drop.

and that's exactly the point of this deck, using ll's to fuel the grave with themselves and darks for huge sorcerer DaD plays (it basically means i can have 3-5 darks in grave at the start of the turn and still drop DaD)

ok, editted:

-1 ll beast wulf
+1 phantom of chaos
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 pm

after all, celestia is a mini judgement:D
Axehead noe what i saying ritE?
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
fireowners

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Nice build there. But how about using one solar exchange as a tech?? Sometimes u might just need the extra draw...
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:37 pm

XiaoCola wrote:
after all, celestia is a mini judgement:D
Axehead noe what i saying ritE?

I think you're quoting JTtheunderdog from youtube. In his lightlord deck reviews, he always says, "I love to max 3x Celestia cause it's like a mini JD. Sack a lightsworn and blow two. Helps you mill too!"

And in comments below always end up have, "Who cares if you love to max it?"

But yeah, back to topic. Yes, I'm suggesting the 2nd, though I believe it would be more consistent to drop the whole zombie thing altogether for more lightlords as IMO the deck is just trying too many things at the same time. It would kinda be better to make the Zombies another deck on it's own. I mean, with Mezuki at two, it's about time these buggers got their chance as an independent higher tier deck.
Back to top Go down
fireowners
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
fireowners

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 pm

I agree with axehead. Hope to see zombiesworn working well and topping some tournaments
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 pm

hmm too many things at one time? well honestly my original build only had 3 ryko and 3 wulf and 2 lyla with the rest all zombies. that way u get to focus more on the dark side of the deck without compromising the milling power of lightlords. here i'll post the original thing i had in mind

Twilight

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 26
2x Chaos Sorcerer
3x Lightlord Hunter Raikou
3x Lightlord Beast Wulf
2x Lightlord Magician Lyla
1x Dark Armed Dragon
3x Necro Gardna
1x Zombie Carrier
2x Mezuki
2x Goblin Zombie
2x Zombie Master
3x Pyramid Turtle
2x Goku En

Spells: 14
3x Charge of the Light Brigade
2x Allure of Darkness
2x Foolish Burial
1x Monster Reincarnation
2x Burial from a D.D.
2x Book of Life
1x Heavy Storm
1x Cold Wave
Back to top Go down
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jadow

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:59 am

what they r trying to say is to just play lightlords and 4get about zombies and yr dark parts.

aka JUDGEMENT DRAGON IS HERE TO F U, with the help of a few friends like necro gardna and honest.

hm... for that add paladin for mm and remove 1/2 turtles.

u do understand taht with charge. its possible to add only 1 of each lightlord or something in a sense, to support judgement dragon in twlight. then run herald/reincarnations and coldwave to juggle judgement, dad and creator?
Back to top Go down
slyx183
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
slyx183

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

jadow wrote:
what they r trying to say is to just play lightlords and 4get about zombies and yr dark parts.

aka JUDGEMENT DRAGON IS HERE TO F U, with the help of a few friends like necro gardna and honest.

hm... for that add paladin for mm and remove 1/2 turtles.

u do understand taht with charge. its possible to add only 1 of each lightlord or something in a sense, to support judgement dragon in twlight. then run herald/reincarnations and coldwave to juggle judgement, dad and creator?

yeah i know, but like i said in the OP, i'm making this deck for future banlists cos i don't think konami will let ll's live after charge hits ocg.

yes i do understand that with charge ll's can almost become a toolbox, but the point of ll's in this deck is MERELY TO MILL while the darks do the rest of the swarming/hacking away at opponents lp.

if i ran 1 of each lightlord i may as well just continue playing lightlords as i did before. the point of this deck is to try something new by using lightlord's great mill power to fuel the grave with darks, then swarm and otk with a heavy, cold wave, then DaD, sorcerer + zombie stuff play. although the dark creator u mentioned might do this deck better in the main deck, and herald sounds interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Based Twilight Deck   Dark Based Twilight Deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Based Twilight Deck
Page 1 of 1