Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Question : Goyo Effect

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Question : Goyo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:34 pm

In goyo's effect; it states tat whn a monster is destoryed by it,by battle and sent to the graveyard, u may special summon it back to yr side of the field.

Question : is the special summoning done during dmg step?
i ask tis because with regards of giant rat/ufo turtle/mystic tomato, their special summon is done during dmg step(or am i wrong?).
both text are abt the same so i'm trying to clarify

please help with tis =\
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 pm

anything related to "destroy by battle" is dmg step
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Yeah, it's damage step.

But nothing is stopping both effects from occurring. Turn player resolves first, Goyou Guardian special summons Giant Rat. Since the conditions for the Trigger effect of Giant Rat has been met, it is already on chain, and thus resolves.

Or so that's what I believe happens.
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 pm

ok thanks for the replies.

i asked becos wanted to make sure ><

thanks alot once again
Back to top Go down
suikoden108
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
suikoden108

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 am

Axehead wrote:
Yeah, it's damage step.

But nothing is stopping both effects from occurring. Turn player resolves first, Goyou Guardian special summons Giant Rat. Since the conditions for the Trigger effect of Giant Rat has been met, it is already on chain, and thus resolves.

Hmmm, just want to confirm another thing. You mentioned turn player resolves first, but i thought turn player's effect will be placed on chain 1, while the opponent's effect will be placed on chain 2. Which means, the giant rat effect shld resolve first followed by goyou's effect since chain 2 occurs first then chain 1. Or am I wrong ? Just need to clarify =D

Another similar scenario might be X-saber wack opponent direct and opponent summons Gors/Trigoedia first since X-saber effect is placed on chain 1 and Gors/Trigoedia effect is placed on chain 2 ?
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm

so tht means when using goyo's "pull" monster to yr side of the field,
cant use bottomless/flush right?
Back to top Go down
Godlike
Duelist
Duelist

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 pm

nope goyo effect is like gorz in damage step
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:52 pm

suikoden108 wrote:
Axehead wrote:
Yeah, it's damage step.

Hmmm, just want to confirm another thing. You mentioned turn player resolves first, but i thought turn player's effect will be placed on chain 1, while the opponent's effect will be placed on chain 2. Which means, the giant rat effect shld resolve first followed by goyou's effect since chain 2 occurs first then chain 1. Or am I wrong ? Just need to clarify =D

Another similar scenario might be X-saber wack opponent direct and opponent summons Gors/Trigoedia first since X-saber effect is placed on chain 1 and Gors/Trigoedia effect is placed on chain 2 ?

Opps, paiseh. Yes, you're right. Though it doesn't matter as in the end, both effects still resolve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question : Goyo Effect   Question : Goyo Effect Empty

Back to top Go down

Question : Goyo Effect
Page 1 of 1