Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Asia Championships 2012 Comments

Go down 
+23
Jw2406
AlatoRider
zzxiaoboizz
avengingknight
Dogchain
kKbz
shaunewbiez
Akira
fireowners
deadman_walking
d3stin3d
bahamut84
derelome
Jay w
YGO.noobs! Eustace
je$$
Axehead
alice0324
pokekid88
MintStar
IcyPyroZ
black man
DSummon
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bahamut84
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 am

I'm sure you are familiar with a certain pairing software incident last year =D
Back to top Go down
http://duelingdays.blogspot.com
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 am

Ball-Snow wrote:
you would have to hope that the officials on that day would allow decklist changes =\

Doubt it lol. Wasn't there a certain year where they said you couldn't after online registration and then the next thing you know everyone was queueing up even for 1 card last min changes. The POMO one iirc.

Jw2406 wrote:
I did double-checked @ the 2nd time when they asked me to submit the decklist. Found 1 error, my dark hole fr BE1-jp113 changed to BE01-jp113(Hane-Hane -.-) So I clicked edit button but I cnt do any edit on the decklist. Fine ,I redo the whole thing. Aft checking n submit, open PDF, still gt error on my extra deck, DP12-jp15 changed to DP11-jp15... -.-

If you did it twice, and it's two different mistakes, it just means you made a mistake on both. If doing it for the 2nd time worked, a 3rd time wouldn't matter lol.

Banana wrote:
I went to submit and wanted to save the pdf. Then came problem 2. The pdf cannot be opened because it was unsupported by Adobe. All I have now is a blank document with the Konami logo. I cannot even prove that I had registered or whether the system got the right cards.

The problem might have been that a certain font package available at the Adobe website was needed to open the file. Mine prompted me to download it, and that worked. Probably just keep the file and run it on an updated copy of Adobe and see what works.

bahamut84 wrote:
They assumed no one used Great Bill, you see.

Rescue Rabbit/Horn of the Phanthom Beast.dek
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 am

Hi to all, thank you for all your registrations. Everyone's comments have been noted, and will be considered for the future. Especially for the comments regarding the system not being able to generate the pdf will be feedbacked to Konami to further improve on the system.

However for the 15 April event, as we will be hosting the regional finals, there will not be any extra time to address any issues with regards to any deck list errors. If you were unable print out the pdf, I recommend that you arrive earlier at the event to check on the deck list on Konami's side. However, once you have the link to the pdf file, your registration would have been submitted pending no other issues.

As for anybody who have submitted a deck list with an error, you will have to proceed with the deck list which was submitted, no deck list changes will be allowed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
BlackAce-
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 am

Just asking ya if i have sth on on 15 april and i could not attend do i need to inform you? (i have registered)
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:03 am

It would be preferred, yes. Please inform with your registered name and duelist id
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:08 am

Due to 2 of the seeded players who have not registered for the tournament, they have been replaced by the next player in the respective division to have seed status. please take note.

333-XXX-963 ANG CALVIN
333-XXX-852 HO SHU MIAO
333-XXX-175 CHEW KAH MENG
333-XXX-502 LEE LIANSENG
333-XXX-475 SEOW WEI QUAN (New)
333-XXX-852 BRYAN CHUA
333-XXX-305 CHEN ZEXUAN (New)
333-XXX-828 CHUAN ZHI
333-XXX-677 CHOO WEE MIN
333-XXX-816 MICHAEL SANTOSO
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:33 am

For those who did not manage to print out their deck lists are concerned about their deck lists / registration status, email in to support@konami.com.hk with your name and duelist id by Monday 9 April. They should reply you on Tuesday 10 April.

Do note that this is purely for people who want to print their deck lists. For those who intend to ask about changing of deck lists, all I can say is that will be up to Konami to decide if they accept.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:34 am

bahamut84 wrote:

I'm sure you are familiar with a certain pairing software incident last year =D

Yes, I am totally aware of that incident. That is why the related authorities should have used that as a lesson if they want to ever use an IT-related solution for this kind of events.

DSummon wrote:
However for the 15 April event, as we will be hosting the regional
finals, there will not be any extra time to address any issues with
regards to any deck list errors. If you were unable print out the pdf, I
recommend that you arrive earlier at the event to check on the deck
list on Konami's side. However, once you have the link to the pdf file,
your registration would have been submitted pending no other issues.

Yes, this is a good solution to help those players to confirm their deck lists due to the technical error of he registration system.

DSummon wrote:
As for anybody who have submitted a deck list with an error, you will
have to proceed with the deck list which was submitted, no deck list
changes will be allowed.

This will be kind of unfair to those players who have really put in effort to try to get their deck list entered correctly into the system. These players will have no substantial 'black and white' documents to prove that they have indeed registered their deck correctly and it is the system that was causing the errors (like the case above where a players experienced errors repeatedly TWICE and had to re-do the deck registration process).

Kindly advise what can be done to assist these group of players. This is a good game and in the face of extreme competition from other card games (eg. VG), I do not think it will be advisable to leave this issue hanging and leading to an increase in players quitting.
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 am

For situations like the case of Jw2406, I can only say that this is an isolated incident, and we have not had any other players complain about this, so it will be difficult to prove that this is not a player caused issue. Also, it is honestly difficult to prove the problem to Konami when we have nothing to show and prove that the situation actually happened.

To Jw2406, is there any way you can show there is an error anywhere? It would make it easier to show the issue to Konami and try to get them to resolve the issue.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Banana

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 pm

DSummon wrote:
For those who did not manage to print out their deck lists are concerned
about their deck lists / registration status, email in to support@konami.com.hk with your name and duelist id by Monday 9 April. They should reply you on Tuesday 10 April.

Do
note that this is purely for people who want to print their deck lists.
For those who intend to ask about changing of deck lists, all I can say
is that will be up to Konami to decide if they accept.

This is a good move by the officials in this event. Would advise anyone who thinks there is an issue with their deck list to write in to Konami. However, please do not abuse this line of help offered. We all want the best for the game we are playing.

DSummon wrote:
For situations like the case of Jw2406, I can only say that this is an
isolated incident, and we have not had any other players complain about
this, so it will be difficult to prove that this is not a player caused
issue. Also, it is honestly difficult to prove the problem to Konami
when we have nothing to show and prove that the situation actually
happened.

To Jw2406, is there any way you can show there is an
error anywhere? It would make it easier to show the issue to Konami and
try to get them to resolve the issue.

Would advise Jw2406 to write to Konami giving detailed explanation of what exactly happened. Will also strongly advise other players to write in as well. This will serve as a source of valuable feedback to Konami to improve the system for future use.
This is a commendable move by the officials and also Konami. To ensure that there will be no backlash, please kindly ensure players that nothing will happen to them if they write in.
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Jw2406

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:31 pm

For my case, there isn't really nothing i can screen shot and show to you all, since i can't get back to the same webpage. But what I think had happened to me was, that after I have selected card to add in to the deck, when I scroll the webpage, somehow the selected item in the dropdown list was scrolled as well. Because the cards which i added in to the deck for the 2 time try, were the last card that I have added in and both either changed to the card below or above the card that i was going to select. Because for the second time i submit the decklist, I was god damm sure I selected number 61 for my extra deck, because I was going to put 2 of them in it... ... And for people who thinks I have not put in effort in submitting the decklist, for god sake, I spent hr ++ to do this shit...
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:03 am

Hmmmm, actually last time when I participated and did online registration, i had the exact same issue. I do suspect it may be an issue that happened on your side because you used the mouse scroll. Basically there were quite a few times where I did not click in the right spot, and when i scrolled, the card that I had selected scrolled and it became a totally different card, which sounds exactly the same in your case.

Next time round, i would suggest you forgo the mouse scroll and just click through the system. If after that the card still changes then it will really be a system error.

As for this time round, if your submission has an error, send that email in to Konami and hope for the best...
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

Hi guys, just for everyone's benefit, please use the linked file to double check that you have been successfully registered for the tournament. PM me or post here if you registered but not on the list. Also, give me a llink where I can download your PDF confirmation.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10998428/ACS2012%20Register%20Players%20List.xlsx

This is especially due to some players who somehow registered during the period when Konami's online registration was closed, so i am worried got players who are somehow not registered.

Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Akira

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Despite being supposedly designed to be an open format with the new XML support, Microsoft's newer formats (docx, xlsx, etc.) are poorly supported outside of its own Microsoft Office (2007 or newer).

This creates a problem for people trying to view such files when using older version of Microsoft Office (2003 or older), or even open-source word-processor/spreadsheet such as OpenOffice.

As such, I had uploaded a copy to Google Docs for those who are encountering problems opening the above "ACS2012 Register Players List.xlsx".

ACS2012 Register Players List @ Google Docs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhLEpkrDzJSMdDNzWUhpSEFwck5fS1o0RmN3eFZyYUE
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Great, thanks Akira!
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi players, just a reminder that the event is tomorrow and to be on time. Even though the poster states 9.30am, we should have registration ready to begin hopefully by around 9am, so you are encouraged to be there earlier to get your deck lists and register to beat the crowd. There's quite a lot of things that will be displayed so you can also go check them out if you are early~
Back to top Go down
descwl
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
descwl

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Curious newbie duelist   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm

hi, just wondering what is the details of the entire event.

For example:
9.30am Registration
10.30am Starts
~
~
4.30pm Semi-Finals
5.15pm Finals

Or it will be based on the actual turnout ? I understand that there will be mini games throughout the day but my friends and I are also interested in watching the duels
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Urgent news. After discussion with Konami's officials, due to over participation by players, we will be restricting the number of participants for Asia Championship 2012 to 128 players. Due to the circumstances, these 128 players will be decided by the first 128 players that register at the counter tomorrow. In short, please be early. 

Please help to spread the news to your friends. On behalf of the Konami staff, we are sorry for the last minute changes. 
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:27 pm

To descwl: we do have a programme timeline for the event but it is partially depend on how the day progresses, so we will not be releasing an official timeline. Basically it is estimated that the top 8 will start at around 2pm onwards and the regionals will start at about 4+pm onwards. But again, that will be dependant on how the day progresses
Back to top Go down
descwl
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
descwl

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks for the update - DSummon !!
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Jw2406

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:19 pm

DSummon wrote:
Urgent news. After discussion with Konami's officials, due to over participation by players, we will be restricting the number of participants for Asia Championship 2012 to 128 players. Due to the circumstances, these 128 players will be decided by the first 128 players that register at the counter tomorrow. In short, please be early. 

Please help to spread the news to your friends. On behalf of the Konami staff, we are sorry for the last minute changes. 

1) What time will the registration starts?

2) So no participation in asia champion, no freebie?

3) If we missed the registration, is there anything else there for us to do?
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Aiming to start registration around 9am.

Will have to check with Konami on the matter, though may not have an answer until tomorrow. Will try and reply with an answer on this.

You will be able to join the side event, challenge the champion, mini games etc, quite a lot of things going on here tomorrow
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi, all attendees for the event tomorrow will receive a welcome gift pack
Back to top Go down
IcyPyroZ
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
IcyPyroZ

Number of posts : 692
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Will ppl that registered online but did not print the deck list be allowed to participate?
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 pm

We will have a deck list printed for you on the venue, but it will take that bit longer to search for it, which means you will be more behind in the queue for participation, so i recommend you come earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asia Championships 2012 Comments   Asia Championships 2012 Comments - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Asia Championships 2012 Comments
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3