Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

conti traps and spells

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sinstudent
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
sinstudent

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2008-12-22

conti traps and spells Empty
PostSubject: conti traps and spells   conti traps and spells EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:28 am

scenario 1:
opponent activates black whirlwind and ends his turn. on my turn, i summon natural beast and end my turn. opponent summons sirroco of dawn and activates black whirlwind effect. can i activate natural beast's effect and negate the activation of black whirlwind and destroy it? *take note that black whirlwind is already face up before i synchro natural beast*

scenario 2:
opponent activates royal oppression and ends his turn. i synchro summon a brionac. opponent activates royal oppression to negate my summon.can i use solemn judgment to negate the activation of royal oppression and destroy it? *take note that oppression is already face up when i use my solemn to try and negate its activation*

take note that though in both scenes, the card in question are both conti traps and spells, they require activation, meaning if u use cold wave, neither can be activated. unlike conti effects such as skill drain which will last indefinitely till destroyed.
Back to top Go down
sea ferries
Duelist
Duelist
sea ferries

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: conti traps and spells   conti traps and spells EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:19 pm

For both scenarios, the answer is no. Reason is Solemn Judgment (and Natural Beast too i believe) needs to negate the activation of the card itself and not the effect. However, cards like Stardust Dragon and Royal Oppression can be chained to ignition-like effects of face-up continuous spell/traps (provided the continuous spell/trap's effect is correct).
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: conti traps and spells   conti traps and spells EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Cannot. They are continuous effects which last until they are destoyed.

Natural Beast can only negate the actual activation of the cards, and not the effect. So cannot negate Diamond Guy lol.

As the solemn, you cannot negate things that require a 2nd activation even though they are already face up such as Ultimate Offering and Royal Oppression. These cards ARE affected by Cold Wave though.
Back to top Go down
sinstudent
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
sinstudent

Number of posts : 646
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: conti traps and spells   conti traps and spells EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Axehead wrote:
Cannot. They are continuous effects which last until they are destoyed.

Natural Beast can only negate the actual activation of the cards, and not the effect. So cannot negate Diamond Guy lol.

As the solemn, you cannot negate things that require a 2nd activation even though they are already face up such as Ultimate Offering and Royal Oppression. These cards ARE affected by Cold Wave though.

diamondguy activation of the effect of spell card is not the activation of the spell itself, but rather activation of a monster effect, that i understand. the thing is, face up spells and traps still require 'activation' though they are already face up, thats why they are still affected by cold wave, unless its a passive effect such as skill drain. if it requires 'activation', nat beast effect states that it can negate the activation of a spell. im quite unsure on this point, many people have told me that it was possible, others have told me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
sea ferries
Duelist
Duelist
sea ferries

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: conti traps and spells   conti traps and spells EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 pm

There's 2 types of activation in this case, activating the spell/trap itself, and the ignition-like effect of the continuous spell/trap. Solemn at negates the former only (I'm quite sure the same about Natural Beast too).

As a side note, Diamond Dude's effect is Ignition, but when you activate the spell the next turn, it is a lingering effect and has no spell speed so it cannot be negated by the next turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: conti traps and spells   conti traps and spells Empty

Back to top Go down

conti traps and spells
Page 1 of 1