Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2

Go down 
+5
Jw2406
zzxiaoboizz
DocSprite
egoboy
teletoby94
9 posters
AuthorMessage
teletoby94
Duelist
Duelist
teletoby94

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-08-13

Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 Empty
PostSubject: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Hey guys. This decklist takes into consideration the new evol support from ORCS.
Please help me improve this deck!

Thank You!

Main Deck

Monsters (20)
Evoldo Odokeris x2
Evoldo Casineria x3
Evoldo Vestro x3
Evoldar Ulcanodon x2
Evoldar Cerato x3
Evoldar Elias x2
Evoldar Terias x1
Jurrac Guaiba x2
Genex Ally Birdman x2

Traps (10)
Trap Stun x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Solemn Warning x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Mirror Force x1
Solemn Judgment x1

Spells (10)
Forced Evolution x3
Fossil Dig x2
MST x2
Book of Moon x1
Monster Reborn x1
Dark Hole x1

Extra Deck
Evolkaiser Ragia x3
Evolkaiser Dolkka x2
Evolkaiser Soldde x1
Wind Up Zenmaister x1
Kachi Kochi Dragon x1
Steelswarm Roach x1
Vylon Disigma x1
Trishula x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Black Rose x1
Brionac x1
AOJ Catastor x1

Last edited by teletoby94 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
egoboy
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
egoboy

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Um fossil dig isn't a questionable card.. searcher cards are mostly good, example ROTA, sangan, etc..

Put another MST to ward off decree? And skill drain as well. And you have offerings to kill skill drain.

You might also want to refer to this decklist (2nd place Evol deck)
http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/34641198/
Back to top Go down
teletoby94
Duelist
Duelist
teletoby94

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 pm

was thinking cos the evoldar effects come from the evoldos and searching out dinos might not be such a good idea, but i guess you're right. So basically this deck has enough cover from cards like skill drain?
Back to top Go down
egoboy
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
egoboy

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Icarus is strong and it's brother Offerings is also strong. I don't know the deck really well so I don't know for sure, but given that the deck was able to get 2nd placing in a 30 participants tournament, I think the deck is fine. And not every deck runs skill drain..
Back to top Go down
teletoby94
Duelist
Duelist
teletoby94

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 pm

kay Smile thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
DocSprite
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
DocSprite

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 pm

You have a really great deck going as it is. I like the M/S/T ratio as well as the general focus. I just have a few changes I'd like to point out.

First of all, Fossil Dig is a must-have for this deck, while Evolution Pill is next to useless. Although Evolution Pill can work to make Xyz Summos with cards like Odochelys, it takes away the real point of the Evoldar monsters, which is to be summon by means of an Evoldo. I would take out both pills and put 2 more Fossil Digs in their place. Fossil Dig is a great searcher that allows you to run less monsters than normally and adds greatly to the consistency of the deck.

Shattered Greed isn't one of my favorite cards, especially with all of the backrow hate in this new format. Personally, I think you should take it out for a Foolish Burial, which can set up great plays early in the game with Gephyros or Ulcanodon-- or even both at the same time.

Your trap lineup looks great and is very similar to my own. Again, Suspension Bridge is not one of my favorites, but if it works for you, by all means, use it. If you want to take it out for some other traps, which I think would be a good idea, I would suggest either another seven tools, or maybe even a Starlight Road or two, now that Heavy Storm's been brought back.

Your monster lineup is great as well. I think Jurrac Dino works better in this deck than Birdman for two reasons: it can be searched by Fossil Dig(one of the reasons Dig should be run in triplicates) and if you don't need it for tuning, it can provide some much-needed draw power.

Oh, and one last little tidbit: try to make room for at least double MST and heavy storm, which would help ease some big threats to this deck like Skill Drain, Royal Decree, and Royal Oppression.

That's really all I can think of. Your deck is very solid, and I wish you luck in the future with it.
Back to top Go down
zzxiaoboizz
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
zzxiaoboizz

Number of posts : 1475
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:49 pm

u should have zen meister in ur extra deck
Back to top Go down
http://zzxiaoboizzyugioh.blogspot.com/
teletoby94
Duelist
Duelist
teletoby94

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Docsprite> Your opinions were very insightful, definitely helped alot. One more thing, may i know the objective of a side deck and also how to build one?

zzxiaoboizz> haha o yeah why didnt i think of that!
Back to top Go down
Jw2406
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Jw2406

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:16 am

You mention "Upsides of Deck
(1) Can be great if there is strong negating presence.
(2) Can 'swarm' field when evoldo Vestro activates flip effect (instant 2 evoldars on field for exceed summon)
"
I tink u mistaken evoldo and evoldar effect? evoldo Vestro can only search evoldar monsters which only level 4 are available now, how are you going to perform exceed summon without other monster available?
Back to top Go down
DocSprite
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
DocSprite

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:50 am

teletoby94 wrote:
Docsprite> Your opinions were very insightful, definitely helped alot. One more thing, may i know the objective of a side deck and also how to build one?

Well a side deck is made up of up to 15 cards that you can swap into your deck in between games in a match. Usually the side deck is made up of cards that can help you gain advantage over your opponent, or change up the style of your deck. A traditional side deck would be one that changes the style of your deck, like one that changes an aggro-based deck into more of a control-based deck, by adding in cards like Solemn Warning and Dimensional Prison.

I've never been the best at building side decks, but I can tell you some popular side deck cards. Cards like Gozen Match and Rivalry of Warlords can be used in some decks, and you can swap them in against decks with more than one type or Attribute, like Gladiator Beasts, to slow them down a bit. Those are just examples; though, I wouldn't use them in Evols. Other examples are cards like Light-Imprisoning Mirror and D.D. Crow. Also, if you want to stick a Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in your Extra Deck, you can put Cyber Dragon in your side deck as well, for use against decks like Machinas and Karakuris.

The best way to try and build your side deck is to playtest a LOT, and find out what decks you're bad against and what cards can counter them. That's as much advice as I can give you, good luck.
Back to top Go down
vampirerion
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
vampirerion

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:12 pm

DocSprite wrote:
teletoby94 wrote:

Well a side deck is made up of up to 15 cards that you can swap into your deck in between games in a match. Usually the side deck is made up of cards that can help you gain advantage over your opponent, or change up the style of your deck. A traditional side deck would be one that changes the style of your deck, like one that changes an aggro-based deck into more of a control-based deck, by adding in cards like Solemn Warning and Dimensional Prison.

I've never been the best at building side decks, but I can tell you some popular side deck cards. Cards like Gozen Match and Rivalry of Warlords can be used in some decks, and you can swap them in against decks with more than one type or Attribute, like Gladiator Beasts, to slow them down a bit. Those are just examples; though, I wouldn't use them in Evols. Other examples are cards like Light-Imprisoning Mirror and D.D. Crow. Also, if you want to stick a Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in your Extra Deck, you can put Cyber Dragon in your side deck as well, for use against decks like Machinas and Karakuris.

The best way to try and build your side deck is to playtest a LOT, and find out what decks you're bad against and what cards can counter them. That's as much advice as I can give you, good luck.

gozen match and rivalry do not really affect gb.
Back to top Go down
teletoby94
Duelist
Duelist
teletoby94

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:12 am

Jw2406> when evoldo vestro's effect activates, search out evoldar ulcanodon. By ulcanodon's effect, sp summon an evoldar monster from grave. By this way, u are able to get an instant exceed summon.
Back to top Go down
teletoby94
Duelist
Duelist
teletoby94

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 pm

bumpz
Back to top Go down
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 am

Egoboy is back!? :O
Back to top Go down
awesomehazelnuts
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
awesomehazelnuts

Number of posts : 1819
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:59 am

shaunewbiez wrote:
Egoboy is back!? :O

Look at the date before any further embarrassment
Back to top Go down
http://highlevelgaming.wordpress.com
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:06 am

Eh basket. :C
Back to top Go down
zhousecomix
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
zhousecomix

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 am

hi octoby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2   Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Ideas on Evolving this Evol deck? Ver.2
Page 1 of 1