Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

question about forbidden lance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist
t1ssue

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-05-05

question about forbidden lance Empty
PostSubject: question about forbidden lance   question about forbidden lance EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 pm

quote from yugiohwikia :http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Forbidden_Lance
'If you use "Forbidden Lance" on a monster being affected by "Shrink", the ATK will be the halved original value minus 800.'

Does this mean that if i lance a monster already affected by other magic or trap card effects eg: rush recklessly, forbidden chalice limital removal, demon chain, etc. , the effects of the previous magic or traps are not affected and the monster will only be unaffected by subsequent magic or traps?

Using limital removal as an example, if opponent's machina fortess is already under the effect of limital removal and I activate forbidden lace on it, will the attack of machina fortess be 1700 or 4200? And will it be destroyed at the end of the turn?

Another example with demon chain, my layla on the field is already equipped with demon's chain. I declare to activate its effect and I chain forbidden lance on it. Will I be able to destroy a magic or trap card on the field from layla's effect?

Last edited by t1ssue on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: question about forbidden lance   question about forbidden lance EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 pm

There isnt a 1 answer fits all for the cards that you asked. Please be more specific in your questions
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
shaunewbiez
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
shaunewbiez

Number of posts : 1641
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: question about forbidden lance   question about forbidden lance EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 pm

"Does this mean that if i lance a monster already affected by other magic or trap card effects eg: rush recklessly, forbidden chalice limital removal, demon chain, etc. , the effects of the previous magic or traps are not affected and the monster will only be unaffected by subsequent magic or traps?"

No. The monster will only be unaffected by future magic and traps.

"Using limital removal as an example, if opponent's machina fortess is already under the effect of limital removal and I activate forbidden lace on it, will the attack of machina fortess be 1700 or 4200? And will it be destroyed at the end of the turn?"

The attack of Machina Fortress will be 4200 if Lance is activated after Limiter Removal.

"Another example with demon chain, my layla on the field is already equipped with demon's chain. I declare to activate its effect and I chain forbidden lance on it. Will I be able to destroy a magic or trap card on the field from layla's effect?"

You'd have to activate Lance on it, then use it's effect.
Back to top Go down
d3stin3d
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
d3stin3d

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: question about forbidden lance   question about forbidden lance EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Scenario 1

Q. Attack Modifying Magic/trap already activated. Lance is chained later on.

A. Attack of the monster = (original + modified value) - 800. And Unaffected by magic and traps later on.

Scenario 2

Q. Chain 1 - Attack Modifying Magic/trap
Chain 2 - Lance

Lance will take effect first, nulifying the Attack Modifying Magic/trap in chain 1.

Scenario 3

Q. Chain 1 - Lance
Chain 2 - Attack Modifying Magic/trap

the Attack Modifying Magic/Trap will resolve first. then lance will -800.

Apply your questions to the different scenario. u will have your answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about forbidden lance   question about forbidden lance Empty

Back to top Go down

question about forbidden lance
Page 1 of 1