Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

advice needed in anti meta beat deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eden88
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
eden88

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-16

advice needed in anti meta beat deck Empty
PostSubject: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:40 am

Gadjet beatdown

total cards 40

monster cards 11
red gadjet x3
green gadjet x3
yellow gadjext x3
scrap recycler x2

magic cards 14
duality pot x3
solidatary x3
dimensional fissure x3
smash ground x3
fissure x2

traps 15

oppression x1
bottomless trap x2
mirror force x1
dd prison x3
solemn judgement x1
divine waine warning x3
divine wrath x2
dark bride x2

Pls give suggestion of elements to add to counter meta deck of current format, thanks
Back to top Go down
xxn00biexx
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
xxn00biexx

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Hmm... This is a big long winded.   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:15 am

First of all, if you want to go the Gadget Route, you probably would want to drop the Gadgets to 2 sets. Which means 2 Red 2 Green and 2 Yellow. That would give space for other stuff and reduces the chances of drawing into multiple Gadgets.

Secondly, drop the Recyclers. They aren't good for much except Foolish Burialing EARTH Machines. That, and it wastes your Normal Summon. Your Normal Summon is quite important in Anti-Meta.

Thirdly, drop the Solidarities. To Play Anti-Meta, you need several different types of monsters. Which would render Solidarity useless. That, and if you have no monsters in your Graveyard thanks to D Fissure, you can't have Solidarity's effect anyway.

Divine Wrath is pretty bad when there's better options like Effect Veiler or Doomcaliber Knight. Both are a 1 for 1 while Divine Wrath is a 2 for 1. Doomcaliber Knight has the added benefit of being a 1900 beatstick that forces your opponent to do something to get rid of it.

Divine Warning is a great card no doubt, but having 3 is a little over the top. You would be doing a lot of hitting yourself with 3 Divine Warning and 1 Solemn Judgment. Best at 2 tops.

You also need the staples because they are powerful and usable in most situations. Can give Card Advantage too.
Cards like:
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Torrential Tribute
Mystical Space Typhoon
Call of the Haunted(Personal Preference)

Cards that are good for Anti-Meta:
Thunder King Rai-Oh(Stops people from searching their deck with cards like Gadgets, Sangan, Stratos, RoTA, Tuning)
Doomcaliber Knight(Negates ANY monster effect by Tributing himself. Also activates in the damage step)
D.D.Warrior Lady(Great card to get rid of a threat)
Breaker the Magical Warrior(Free S/T destruction and a beater)
Banisher of the Radience(Beatstick with Marco Cosmos effect)
Grand Mole(Gets rid of a threat, usable several times)
Cyber Dragon(2100 Beatstick which is Special Summonable at NO COST)
Starlight Road(Punishes your opponent when he tries to clear the field. Gives you a free Stardust Dragon too.)

Hoped this helped.
Back to top Go down
eden88
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
eden88

PostSubject: Re: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 am

Hey there, I am truly grateful for your time and suggestion.

There is no doubt that Raioh is a must in an anti-meta deck. However this deck build is for official tourney, no promos allowed zzz.....mean no doomcaliber knight, no Fosil Dyna Pachycephalo..what a drag.

The reason I go for solidatary is that getting gadjet with 2k each turn is very amazing, this will pressure the opponent in many ways. For the D fissure, I ll have to confirm my grave got at least 1 monster then only I activate it (solidatary).

Ya I agree that divine wrath has a big cost, but with D fissure I cant use veiler... However, its good in protecting my traps and spells, solidatary and D fissure which are the key cards in this build, from threats like mobius, junk destroyer and dark rose. Of cause I do know that warning serves the same purpose but wrath can be a good alternative if my hands have some extra thing: second gadject, second D. fissure etc.

Thinking of
- 1 divine warning
- 1 divine wrath
+1 dark hole
+ mystical space typhoon

Thanks a lot for your idea.
Back to top Go down
winson55
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
winson55

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:58 am

Just some advice on anti meta gadgets , 2 set of gadgets is definitely sufficient if you are running 3 duality , thunder king rai oh , breaker the magical warrior and dd warrior lady can be added in .Scrap recycler would be un-neccessary in this case

For specific quantity thunder king at 3 breaker at 3 and dd warrior lady at 2

For magic , running 3 book of moons , 2 fissure,3 smashing, helps you keep 1 - 1 advantage while you try to keep your own advantage

dark hole and monster reborn are staples too.

Soldarity is not really good now for gadgets especially going with 3 set and no machinas dead draw rates are pretty high

Traps are quite standard perhaps keep divine warning at 2 , dark bribes and divine wrath are not necessary.

Perhaps replace them with 2 compulsory evacuation device , 1 trap dustshoot

Overall decklist

Monsters(14)
Green gadget x 2
Red Gadget x 2
Yellow Gadget x 2
Thunder King Rai Oh x 3
Breaker the magical warrior x 3(You don't run mystical space , try to get advantage with this card)
D.D warrior Lady x 2

Spells(12)
Pot of Duality x 3
Dark Hole x 1(replaces the 3rd fissure as compared to last format)
Monster Reborn(Take your Opponent's strong monsters)
Fissure x 2
Smashing Ground x 3
Book of Moon x 3

Traps(14)
Royal Oppression x 1
Bottomless Trap Hole x 2
Solemn Judgment x 1
Divine Warning x 2
Dimension Prison x 3
Mirror Force x 1
Torrential Tribute x 1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x 2
Trap Dust shoot x 1
Back to top Go down
eden88
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
eden88

PostSubject: Re: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 pm

winson55

wow this would be a solid and flexible deck build, thanks for the idea.

Personally I didnt run book of moon much, I know its flexible but I couldnt get the hang of it. It saves monster from bottomless, voltex, brain control, flips down opponent tuners in emergencies...can your brief me on what other ways it can save my [censored by admin]?

I cant run promo cards in official games, any suggestion in replacing godly raioh? Thanks in advance.
bounce
Back to top Go down
winson55
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
winson55

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:31 pm

You can actually run cyber dragons , its a decent beatstick and since no fortress in officials , you can run it smoothly as beatsticks against Gladiator Beasts and Blackwings? Also use it to test water (bottomless) before you come out your breaker?

Alternatively , you could run Banisher , but i still recommend it to be side deck , its quite defenseless against Blackwings and Gladiator Beasts.

Overall, Cyber Dragon would be a decent tech to replace thunder king at officials

Or one of my favourite card , Legendary Sutjutesu Master , maximising advantage earning card as it rids gladiator beasts and shuras and boras.

Book of moon's likely replacement would be sakuratesu armor ( 1 for 1 card ) to save your monster , perhaps run 2 , and replace the last book of moon into divine warning in this scenario as it restricts your opponent to synchro and do a lot of funny stuff.

Alternatively , replacing 3 book of moon with 1 nobleman of crossout, 1 warning and 1 more fissure is also stable.

Personally, sakuratesu armor is better
Back to top Go down
eden88
Trainee Duelist
Trainee Duelist
eden88

PostSubject: Re: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:32 pm

ya now's the time for cyber, thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice needed in anti meta beat deck   advice needed in anti meta beat deck Empty

Back to top Go down

advice needed in anti meta beat deck
Page 1 of 1