Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis Empty
PostSubject: Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis   Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 3:55 am

From DMcomet:
LODT-JP025
Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis
Light/Dragon/6/2000/1600
Increase this card's attack and defense strength by number of [Lightlord] monsters in your Graveyard x300. When this card
attacks monster in defense mode, and the attack strength is higher than defense strength, deal Battle Damages to opponent equal to the
difference. When this card is face-up on the field, during each of your End Phase, send the top 3 cards on your deck to Graveyard.

From Yugioh Wiki English:
This card gains 300 ATK for each "Lightlord" monster in your Graveyard. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. While you control this face-up card, during your End Phase, send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Weirdly, a different translation...Yugioh wiki didn't state the increase in defense strength...though i do know that for that part, dmcomet is correct. my main problem about the tl is the bolded part.

When I asked most people about it, they always told me that is to count every single lightlord monsters in your graveyard x300, but i think there's something wrong since its attack will be damm high...then, i check the japanese text again...

Japanese Text@Jap yugioh Wiki:
効果モンスター
星6/光属性/ドラゴン族/攻2000/守1600
このカードの攻撃力と守備力は、自分の墓地に存在する「ライトロード」と名のついたモンスターカードの種類×300ポイントアップする。
このカードが守備表示モンスターを攻撃した時、その守備力を攻撃力が超えていれば、その数値だけ相手ライフに戦闘ダメージを与える。
このカードが自分フィールド上に表側表示で存在する場合、自分のエンドフェイズ毎に、デッキの上からカードを3枚墓地に送る。

Please note the enlarged wording, "種類" which means "types". Currently, there are 8 types of lightlord monsters, meaning the max attack of this card if all 8 types of lightlord monsters are in the graveyard will be 4400, which is much reasonable. this was stated in the japanese yugioh wiki too:

Quote from jap yugioh wiki:
現時点では、ライトロードの種類はこのカードを含めて8種類。 よって攻撃力は最大4400にまで上昇する。
Currently, there are 8 types of lightlord monster cards, as such,this card's highest attack strength is 4400.

Therefore, I think the translations should be reworded to this...:(changes in bold.)

LODT-JP025
Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis
Light/Dragon/6/2000/1600
Increase this card's attack and defense strength by number of types of [Lightlord] monsters in your Graveyard x300. When this card
attacks monster in defense mode, and the attack strength is higher than defense strength, deal Battle Damages to opponent equal to the
difference. When this card is face-up on the field, during each of your End Phase, send the top 3 cards on your deck to Graveyard.

Am I correct?
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis   Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:28 am

Erm, yup. Well, dmcomet people are not perfect, but I didnt notice this text cause all the people i knew playing this deck already were playing it by number of types, so.... LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
asakura_y
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
asakura_y

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis   Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:15 am

Sorry, just to double-confirm, so the MAXIMUM attack Gragonis can pumped to is 4400?

Thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
pokekid88
Yugi Mutou
Yugi Mutou
pokekid88

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis   Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:23 am

asakura_y wrote:
Sorry, just to double-confirm, so the MAXIMUM attack Gragonis can pumped to is 4400?

Thanks for clarifying.

yes....^_^
Back to top Go down
http://time-to-get-pwned.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis   Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis Empty

Back to top Go down

Card Translations: Lightlord Dragon - Gragonis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! General :: Ruling Questions and Card Translations-
Jump to: