Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

A Couple of QUESTIONS !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist
xDestinyx

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-01-17

A Couple of QUESTIONS ! Empty
PostSubject: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Qn 1. On my field, I have 1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer. Then when I normal summon my ThunderKing Raiou, then my opponent uses his set face-down trap, Bottomless Traphole. How do I resolve Bottomless Traphole ? Cause Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer's effect is When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can remove from play up to 2 Monster Cards from their Graveyard. Your opponent cannot remove from play any cards in either Graveyard. Means that your opponent can send monsters from both side remove from play...

Qn 2. My opponent has a Royal Oppression then my field is empty then he uses his Dark Arm Dragon to Direct Attack me. Can I use the Gorz, Emmissary of Darkness's / Tragoedia's effect from my hand without having to worry about the Royal Oppression cause it happens the Damage Step ?

Qn 3. Judgement Dragon uses it's effect then I chain with Book of moon. Does the user need to take the 1000 LP deduction ? And due to, JD's effect, JD itself is destroyed together with the cards on the field or not ?

Qn 4. When JD is special summoned on to the field, can I use the effect of the Royal Oppression to negate the effect ? When I negate the effect, can my opponent chain it with JD's effect to blow the entire field up ?

Qn 5. ThunderKing Raiou's effect is Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them. You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard to negate the Special Summon of 1 of your opponent monsters, and destroy it.

Part 1: When opponent summon Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn with Black Whirlwind x3 on his side of the field, I negate only 1 Black Whirlwind or ALL 3 while I have only 1 ThunderKing Raiou on my side of the field ?

Part 2: The part where it must send itself to the graveyard to be able to negate one of the special summon monsters on your opponent's field ? Can I select the monster to be send to the negate of any monster that was ALREADY special summon at any part of the game as long as it is special summoned or it can only be done at that very moment when my opponent special summon their monsters ?

* Please answer the questions as accurate as possible . . . Thank you !
Back to top Go down
kentho
Duelist
Duelist
kentho

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Qn 1 : yes , u can

Qn2 :No trap cards can be activated during dmg step, so u can sp summon gorz and tragoedia

Qn3:yes , paying 1000LP is a cost , JD wont destroy itself when it got BOMed

Qn4:Yes , u can use royal oppression to negate JD , and since the sp summoning was negated , JD cannot activate its effect

Qn5:
part1:u negate all blackwhirlwind
part2:u must send raiou to the grave the moment ur opponent sp summon the monster

Hope these help ^^
Back to top Go down
Lily321
Duelist
Duelist
Lily321

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Quote :
Qn3:yes , paying 1000LP is a cost , JD wont destroy itself when it got BOMed

i thought theres a ruling that JD gets destroy after BOMed? correct me if im wrong. Question
Back to top Go down
xDestinyx
Duelist
Duelist
xDestinyx

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 pm

kentho wrote:
Qn 1 : yes , u can

That means that Bottomless Trap-hole cannot be used or the monster is still destroyed but is send to the graveyard like Traphole ?
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Qn 1. On my field, I have 1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer. Then when I normal summon my ThunderKing Raiou, then my opponent uses his set face-down trap, Bottomless Traphole. How do I resolve Bottomless Traphole ? Cause Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer's effect is When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can remove from play up to 2 Monster Cards from their Graveyard. Your opponent cannot remove from play any cards in either Graveyard. Means that your opponent can send monsters from both side remove from play...

Ans: Bottomless and Kycoo have no relationship to each other. Kycoo only prevents you from removing cards from either grave. It says nothing about removing from game cards on field.

Qn 2. My opponent has a Royal Oppression then my field is empty then he uses his Dark Arm Dragon to Direct Attack me. Can I use the Gorz, Emmissary of Darkness's / Tragoedia's effect from my hand without having to worry about the Royal Oppression cause it happens the Damage Step ?

Ans: Gorz / Tragodia's effect lets it summon itself during damage step. Since the only cards that can activate during damage step are...
1. Atk/def modifier speed 2 magic / traps
2. Counter traps
3. Cards which specify activate during damage step. E.g. Gorz
Otherwise, you cannot activate the card. Hence, Royal oppression in this case which cannot be activated, therefore oppression cannot do anything against Gorz / Tragodia

Qn 3. Judgement Dragon uses it's effect then I chain with Book of moon. Does the user need to take the 1000 LP deduction ? And due to, JD's effect, JD itself is destroyed together with the cards on the field or not ?

Ans: 1k lp payment is cost. Therefore must still be paid. However, JD does not destroy itself, as it "so called" checks itself and does not destroy itself (Latest updated ruling). Ruling in Japanese as follows taken from wiki

Q:破壊効果にチェーンして《月の書》で《裁きの龍》を裏側表示にした場合、《裁きの龍》は破壊されますか?
A:《裁きの龍》の、フィールド上のカードを破壊する効果にチェーンをして《月の書》を発動し、《裁きの龍》が裏側守備表示になった場合でも、自身の効果によって破壊されません。(09/10/22)

Qn 4. When JD is special summoned on to the field, can I use the effect of the Royal Oppression to negate the effect ? When I negate the effect, can my opponent chain it with JD's effect to blow the entire field up ?

Ans: You may use Royal Oppression to negate the special summoning of JD. Since the summoning itself is negate, JD's effect cannot even be activated in the first place. Hence, 1k lp cannot be paid, effect does not happen

Qn 5. ThunderKing Raiou's effect is Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them. You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard to negate the Special Summon of 1 of your opponent monsters, and destroy it.

Part 1: When opponent summon Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn with Black Whirlwind x3 on his side of the field, I negate only 1 Black Whirlwind or ALL 3 while I have only 1 ThunderKing Raiou on my side of the field ?

Ans: Rai-ou states cannot add to hand, and not something such as "Negate 1 card that adds to hand". Therefore, applies across the whole field, regardless of 1, or multiple such effects happening at any time

Part 2: The part where it must send itself to the graveyard to be able to negate one of the special summon monsters on your opponent's field ? Can I select the monster to be send to the negate of any monster that was ALREADY special summon at any part of the game as long as it is special summoned or it can only be done at that very moment when my opponent special summon their monsters ?

Ans: Rai-ou effect states: "You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard to negate the Special Summon of 1 of your opponent monsters, and destroy it." To negate the special summon, it has to be done when the special summoning is done. Similar goes to trying to use chariot on a BF-gale that used its effect 5 turns ago, Magic jammer on a sealing swords of light activated 2 turns ago, etc

Hope the above answers your questions. Actually alot of these questions are not that hard to solve on your own. Just read carefully the card text itself(If not Japanese literate, English version of the cards help. Just check online), and your answer is pretty much in your face. Meanwhile, cheers!~ king
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
MYultimate
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
MYultimate

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm

xDestinyx wrote:

kycoo has no impact on bottomless, thus raiou will be removed from game.

xDestinyx wrote:

You have answered yourself, oppression cant activate on damage step

xDestinyx wrote:

Paying 1000LP is a cost, JD will destroy itself but it also depend on the local rule whether they follow that stand or not.

xDestinyx wrote:

Oppression negates the special summoning of JD and not the effect, thus JD do not touch the field and therefore unable to activate effect.

xDestinyx wrote:

Part 1: Opponent cant even activate black whirlwind.
Part 2: You can only negate the special summoning at the point it is special summoned, not when that monster is already on the field.

Clearly the questions you have asked is very idiot proof, please do read the card effect and details clearly before you prompt any question.
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Erm... why are you answering a question that I answered over 2 weeks ago? Topic locked!
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Couple of QUESTIONS !   A Couple of QUESTIONS ! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Couple of QUESTIONS !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! General :: Ruling Questions and Card Translations-
Jump to: