Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Clarification on dark world monster effects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist
t1ssue

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Clarification on dark world monster effects Empty
PostSubject: Clarification on dark world monster effects   Clarification on dark world monster effects EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Let's take Goldd as an example
Goldd: If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, Special Summon it. If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by your opponent's card effect, you can select up to 2 cards your opponent controls and destroy them.

If goldd was discarded by my card effects, can my opponent negate its effect using chariot/divine wrath?
If goldd was discarded by an effect controlled by my opponent, which effect actually activates first?
Or do they trigger simultaneously?
If it was triggered simultaneously, that means that the special summoning is at chain link 1 and destroying at chain link 2, since the first effect is compulsory while the latter is not. So technically my opponent cannot solemn warning me?

Well I figured since no one brought this topic up even after the new structure deck is out for so long, I might as well ask this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedEyesFan
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
RedEyesFan

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on dark world monster effects   Clarification on dark world monster effects EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:34 pm

t1ssue wrote:
Let's take Goldd as an example
Goldd: If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by a card effect, Special Summon it. If this card is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard by your opponent's card effect, you can select up to 2 cards your opponent controls and destroy them.

If goldd was discarded by my card effects, can my opponent negate its effect using chariot/divine wrath?
If goldd was discarded by an effect controlled by my opponent, which effect actually activates first?
Or do they trigger simultaneously?

If it was triggered simultaneously, that means that the special summoning is at chain link 1 and destroying at chain link 2, since the first effect is compulsory while the latter is not. So technically my opponent cannot solemn warning me?

Well I figured since no one brought this topic up even after the new structure deck is out for so long, I might as well ask this Very Happy

the only thing i remember is that both activate at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Akira

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on dark world monster effects   Clarification on dark world monster effects EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Both parts of Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World's effect resolve in a single Chain Link, hence Divine Wrath will negate both parts.

Always resolve the card in the order as stated on the text. In the case of Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World being discarded by an opponent's card effect, Special Summon Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World first before destroying the two previously targeted cards.
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist
t1ssue

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on dark world monster effects   Clarification on dark world monster effects EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:28 am

Akira wrote:
Both parts of Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World's effect resolve in a single Chain Link, hence Divine Wrath will negate both parts.

Always resolve the card in the order as stated on the text. In the case of Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World being discarded by an opponent's card effect, Special Summon Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World first before destroying the two previously targeted cards.

thx for the answer but I still have doubts about my last question...since the destroying and special summoning effects resolve in a single chain link, does that actually mean that my opponent cannot activate solemn warning in response to Goldd's summoning due to a chain block?
Back to top Go down
Akira
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Akira

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on dark world monster effects   Clarification on dark world monster effects EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 am

Since the effect of Goldd resolves in a single Chain Link, when Goldd is discarded by an opponent's card effect, it is prone to both Special Summon negation and Destruction negation. This is similar to Ryko which also has two parts in its effect, a destruction effect and a milling effect. As Ryko has a destruction effect, it is prone to destruction negation such as Stardust Dragon.

I believe the implication that you are looking for is actually Bottomless Trap Hole. If Goldd is discarded by an opponent's card effect, as the last thing to happen is the destruction of up to 2 cards, Bottomless Trap Hole cannot be activated in response to it.
Back to top Go down
http://duelistcodex.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clarification on dark world monster effects   Clarification on dark world monster effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Clarification on dark world monster effects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YUGIOH :: YuGiOh! General :: Ruling Questions and Card Translations-
Jump to: