Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Ultimate Offering ruling

Go down 
+2
holylight
jusjustjustin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jusjustjustin

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Ultimate Offering ruling Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi i have some questions regarding ultimate offering. Please help!

1)In opponent's battle phase, when opponent monster declare attack. You have a facedown ultimate offering (UO). Can you activate UO and summon monsters immediately or must you wait until next attack?

2) When you activate UO effect during opponent battle phase, can you pay 500 to summon red gadget then another 500 to summon a monarch in the same chain?

2a) From question 2. If can, then can i search for another gadget after the chain resolves?

2b) From question 2. If can, then can i activate monarch effect? Like mobius and caius effects.

These are the questions i have so far. Please help! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
holylight
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
holylight

Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 pm

jusjustjustin wrote:

1)In opponent's battle phase, when opponent monster declare attack. You have a facedown ultimate offering (UO). Can you activate UO and summon monsters immediately or must you wait until next attack?

2) When you activate UO effect during opponent battle phase, can you pay 500 to summon red gadget then another 500 to summon a monarch in the same chain?

2a) From question 2. If can, then can i search for another gadget after the chain resolves?

2b) From question 2. If can, then can i activate monarch effect? Like mobius and caius effects.

1. can
2.cannot

2a.when gadget is normal or sp you can search already

2b. i think you can use once a atk only
Back to top Go down
hamtaro
Duelist
Duelist
hamtaro

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 am

Yes. but if yr field has no monsters, it will resolve in Red coming out first (chain 2), then Monarch (chain 1).

yes and no. if in the above situation i stated, it misses timing. unless yr field already has other monsters, then u can choose to resolve like this: Monarch (chain 2), Gadget (chain 1), in which case the Gadget will get to search.

if not compulsory effects like Caius, u have to summon the monarch (or gadgets or anything that has optional effects) in chain 1 to get their effects.
Back to top Go down
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jusjustjustin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Why when got no monsters I cannot choose to let gadget be chain 1 and monarch be chain 2, but when my field got monster then can?

3) after attack declaration, can I pay 500 to summon a gadget, then before damage step, activate UO again to pay another 500 to summon monarch? In this case I can activate both effects right?
Back to top Go down
t1ssue
Duelist
Duelist
t1ssue

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm

2) i always thought that if yoafter you summon the red with UO during the battle phase and red's effect is resolved, a replay occurs and if you opponent decides to attack your red you can activate UO again during the battle step and tribute red for a monarch... correct me if im wrong plz
Back to top Go down
hamtaro
Duelist
Duelist
hamtaro

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 pm

jusjustjustin wrote:
Why when got no monsters I cannot choose to let gadget be chain 1 and monarch be chain 2, but when my field got monster then can?

3) after attack declaration, can I pay 500 to summon a gadget, then before damage step, activate UO again to pay another 500 to summon monarch? In this case I can activate both effects right?

because if yr monarch is chain 2, what are u going to release to advance summon it?

3) yes. theres nothing stopping u from using UO as a chain, or individually. just that u and opponent nd to both acknowledge that its still in battle step, havent enter damage step yet
Back to top Go down
hamtaro
Duelist
Duelist
hamtaro

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:00 pm

t1ssue wrote:
2) i always thought that if yoafter you summon the red with UO during the battle phase and red's effect is resolved, a replay occurs and if you opponent decides to attack your red you can activate UO again during the battle step and tribute red for a monarch... correct me if im wrong plz

no u're right. this situation is completely legal.
Back to top Go down
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jusjustjustin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 am

ok thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Lauren
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Lauren

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:36 am

jusjustjustin wrote:

1) You can activate Ultimate Offering during Attack Declaration or the Before Damage Calculation. So yes you can Summon your Gadget at that time, but note that Ultimate Offering will be Chain Link 1 and the Gadget will only be Summoned when the Chain Resolves.

2) It depends on whether you control another Monster to Release for your Monarch. As I mentioned in 1), Ultimate Offering only Summons the Monster when its effect resolves. So, Chain Link 1 will be Ultimate Offering, since it hasn't resolved yet, your Gadget is not on the Field for you to Release it for your Monarch yet.

What you should be doing is,

Activate Ultimate Offering as Chain Link 1,
Resolve Ultimate Offering to Summon your Gadget,

Gadget's Effect activates as Chain Link 1,
Chain Ultimate Offering as Chain Link 2,
the Chain Resolves backwards,
Chain Link 2: Release your Gadget for Cauis (Not Mobius, as Mobius' Effect is Optional and thus it will miss the timing to use its Effect.) , Cauis is summoned here (But its Effect is not activated YET)
Chain Link 1: Gadget's Effect searches for a Gadget which is the same color as its eye.

After the that Chain Resolves,
Cauis' Effect Activates as Chain Link 1 (Target a Card on the Field)
Chain Resolves, Remove from play the Targeted Card.

I'm assuming that you are actually trying to avoid Solemn Warning or something, but you do not have to go through that much trouble, since the monster coming out from Ultimate Offering during your Opponent's Battle Phase cannot be Warninged.

Back to top Go down
http://ygoduelist.wordpress.com
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jusjustjustin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Why can't it be warninged?
Back to top Go down
wingwing98
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
wingwing98

Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:29 pm

warning can only be chained to the activation of a card that special summons. so did offering special summons or any of the sort upon activation?
Back to top Go down
jusjustjustin
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jusjustjustin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 pm

oh yeah true lol thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Offering ruling   Ultimate Offering ruling Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Offering ruling
Page 1 of 1