Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

[completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,

Go down 
+7
Axehead
je$$
kKbz
Blackie
XiaoCola
Ball-Snow
MintStar
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-03-24

[completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, Empty
PostSubject: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 am

Saturday, January 23, 2010
Lorong Ah Soo Shop
Blk 108, Hougang Ave 1 #01-1277, S'pore 530108

OCG, Constructed
Best-of-three-game Duels
Swiss Qualifiers with Single-Elimination Finals (Finals will be seeded)

Tourney begins 1:00pm

Registration Fee: S$10
Participants who register and make payment before 23rd of January will enjoy a registration fee of only S$10 S$8.

Main Prizes:
  • 1 Starlight Road (DDY2-JP004)
  • 1 Gold Series 2

Add-on Prizes:
  • Yusei DP
  • AOJ Catastor (DT01-JP035)
  • Mist Wurm (DT01-JP032)
  • Beast King Barbaros (GS02-JP001)
  • Magician's Valkyria (GS02-JP002)
  • Structure Deck (To be confirmed)

Prizes are subjected to change depending on turnout.

Registration
To register, please head down to the shop before 23rd of January, 2010. Simply inform the shop owner that you are registering for the tourney on 23rd.

Deck Construction Rules

1. All Deck, Side Deck & Extra Deck to strictly adhere to the Official Konami November 2009 Forbidden and Limited Card List.
  2. Deck must be between 40 to 60 cards, inclusive.
  3. Extra Deck, while optional, must be between 0 to 15 cards, inclusive.
  4. Side Deck, while optional, must be between 0 to 15 cards, inclusive.
  5. Cards of all language may be used.
  6. TCG exclusives are not allowed.

Gather-and-go together
Meet at Hougang Bus Interchange, next to the McDonald Snack Kiosk at 11am.
Do not be late, we will set off at 11.15am.

Frequently Asked Questions
What are "Main Prize"?
These are prizes that will definitely be given out on that day. It is however, subjected to change in the event of extreme poor turnout.

What are "Add-on Prizes"?
These are prizes that will added to the prize pool when the turnout is huge.

How are the prizes distributed amongst the players?
Participants who are ranked 1st and 2nd in the event (during the finals) will choose from the prize pool, priority choosing goes to 1st. As according to the number of Add-on prizes added to the prize pool, participants from 3rd to 6th would be allowed a pick too.

Will this tourney be following OCG or TCG rulings?
Tourney will strictly adhere to official OCG rulings.

What does it means by "Finals will be seeded"?
This means that players who perform better during qualifiers will have a pairing advantage at finals, from a technical point of view.

Feel free to post any questions after reading the above.

Last edited by Dr.Brainy on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:40 pm

bumpz
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 pm

wad is main prize?
top player get the prize or...
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:18 am

Bump.
Question answered.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:59 am

Hi,

* Starlight Road (DDY2-JP004)
* Gold Series 2

What will be the quantity of the Gold Series 2 main prize ?
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Can answer question ASAP please thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm

its 1 box of gold series 2 =)
hope it answers your question
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 am

How many Starlight Road and Gold Series 2 will be given as Main Prize?
One Starlight Road and One box of Gold Series 2 will be given.

Question answered. Post reworded slightly.
P.S. Sorry, I was caught up at work and school. Been a busy week for me. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 am

Okay thanks. Any other way to pre-register other than going down personally?
Cos I have school and live far from Hougang.
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:41 am

I'm afraid it can't be helped. Maybe you can get someone else who is registering to head down to help you register.
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
kKbz

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Quote :

Ermm .. Brainy .. Have you talk to uncle on that Pre-register issue ?

As there are people who dont know the place , not to mention , even if they have friends who knos the place, they might nt be free to bring them there.. but if its on the tourney day itself.. they could just meet up and go together.

Well, it have to depends also..as there could be extreme cases like : having people say 'going but in the end didnt appear ' ..

Its understood that Both sides have their difficulties..

Anywayz , Gd luck to those who is joining..
Back to top Go down
je$$
Privaron
Privaron
je$$

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Blackie wrote:

i dont see the point of pre-register cos in the end u still have to go down for the tournament......
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Maybe they want to know the numbers so they can estimate how packed it will be? And uh, I also don't see the point of not going down after you've pre-registered cause you've already paid the money.

I suggest you allocate someone to station somewhere prominent on that day so he/she can bring the group of people who can't find their way there there.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:52 pm

I went with Bryan to search for the shop and we walked approximately 2 hours around Hougang, couldn't find it, then gave up and went to Kovan. -.-

@ Jess:
Lol, save $2 if can pre-register over the web Very Happy

If not take MRT go down to register already $2 for MRT fare, then pay another $8, then pay another $2 take MRT back home.
Then on the day itself, go there come back another $4, total $16 liao.
Arbo I go down on that day itself register, $10 plus go there come back which is $4, total $14 only. Very Happy

Don't get tricked by pre-register guys! LOL!
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
kKbz

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah ..pre-register is 2 bucks..

Some 'pre-register' is go there register ..

Which can be quite 'time consuming ' ... thats why i trying to help u by asking brainy discuss with uncle see how.. =x
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Dr.Brainy wrote:

What are "Main Prize"?
These are prizes that will definitely be given out on that day, irregardless of number of turnouts. It is however, subjected to change in the event of extreme poor turnout.

i Dun Get it when u Start Wif "definitely be given out on that day, irregardless of number of turnouts"
but however ending wif"subjected to change in the event of extreme poor turnout".

wad does it mean definitely will give out irregardless but will change.
can xplain.
can tell us wad is the amount of pre-registered players and amount of playeers nided for add-on prize?
Back to top Go down
ah jie
Privaron
Privaron
ah jie

Number of posts : 4471
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Blackie wrote:
I went with Bryan to search for the shop and we walked approximately 2 hours around Hougang, couldn't find it, then gave up and went to Kovan. -.-

@ Jess:

If not take MRT go down to register already $2 for MRT fare, then pay another $8, then pay another $2 take MRT back home.
Arbo I go down on that day itself register, $10 plus go there come back which is $4, total $14 only. Very Happy

take cab down from jurong to hougang is abot 16.. from my hse go there is just 14..wooot... cab ftw
Back to top Go down
ah jie
Privaron
Privaron
ah jie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

XiaoCola wrote:
Dr.Brainy wrote:

What are "Main Prize"?
These are prizes that will definitely be given out on that day, irregardless of number of turnouts. It is however, subjected to change in the event of extreme poor turnout.

i Dun Get it when u Start Wif "definitely be given out on that day, irregardless of number of turnouts"
but however ending wif"subjected to change in the event of extreme poor turnout".

can xplain.
can tell us wad is the amount of pre-registered players and amount of playeers nided for add-on prize?

pls dun post so long la u go tution la dun ned play tourney de
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 pm

ah jie wrote:
Blackie wrote:

@ Jess:

take cab down from jurong to hougang is abot 16.. from my hse go there is just 14..wooot... cab ftw

Lol, stay at home sua hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
ah jie
Privaron
Privaron
ah jie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Blackie wrote:
ah jie wrote:
Blackie wrote:

@ Jess:

Lol, stay at home sua hahahaha.

so emo u ..
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 pm

I shall try to remain calm when responding to all the replies over the day.

What is the point of having a pre-register?
One of the main difficulty of being a tournament organiser is predicting the turnout for the event that is going to be held. The whole idea of having a pre-register is to allow the tournament organiser to have a better feel of the turnout before the actual event itself. This allows him to better prepare the venue and other required resources for the event. The whole idea of having a pre-register at a lower rate for participants who do so is to reward them for assisting the tournament organiser by committing themselves to the attendance.

As for having to personally head down to pre-register, it cannot be helped. The tournament organiser has experienced much displeasure when he tried to allow convenience to participants by allowing a registration over sms or phone. Having to head down to pre-register is compulsory and necessary to protect the interest of both the organiser and the participants. No participants will be given the benefit of pre-register rate on the day on event.

Quote :

@ Jess:
Lol, save $2 if can pre-register over the web

Arbo I go down on that day itself register, $10 plus go there come back which is $4, total $14 only.

I have nothing to say. Are you trying to say school nowadays do not teach kids to refer to map if they are unsure of their destination? If you have noticed, the post includes a map for readers to refer to. Personally, I feel that if you do not think that the tournament is worthy to join, then feel free to give it a pass. What I do not appreciate is your attempt to dissuade others from joining the tournament. It is a very indicative reflection of your character and moral.

Quote :

Please understand how I work and organise events. I do not give favours to anyone.

Quote :

can xplain.
Slightly reworded post to be more accurate. Basically it means that they will be given out UNLESS the turnout is really terrible. By terrible, figure with your brain. I am not disclosing the figures now due to competitive issues. However, the amount of Add-On prize will be announced on the day of event BEFORE the start of the tournament.
Back to top Go down
kKbz
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
kKbz

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 am

Quote :
Please understand how I work and organise events. I do not give favours to anyone.

I didnt say 'you favours' ... =.="

Quote :

Its means..

1) Register and Pay at specific venue ..
2) inform to the respective involved parties ..

In Other Words : ' Pre-register ' Can be verbally or Literally ..

And

I only say things like... ' is there any arrangement or plans for people who unable to find the place to pre-register' etc..

I assume u r tired ..which leads to u have somehow misread or misinterpret my post. .

therefore.. I will not persue on the issue any further.

Gd luck on that day , n Rest well dude. You need the energy Neutral

Last edited by kKbz on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tabris
Duelist
Duelist
Tabris

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 am

pre-register is to help organiser to predict the number of participants, and you get a $2 discount for doing that.

however, if you travel down to register, likely you'll spend more than $2 on the travel. unless you're a 'local lorong ah soo' player, it's unlikely you'll benefit from pre-register.
Back to top Go down
http://duellikeanidol.wordpress.com
Blackie
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 am

@ ah jie:
Lol stay at home play YGO with air Very Happy

@ Tabris:
Ya, that is what I'm trying to say.

@ Dr.Brainy:
Lol, I'm not dissuading anyone to join your tournament, I'm just giving my opinions on pre-registering for others to consider.
I did not say "Don't join tourney, they are trying to scam you by pre-registering!!"
I only said "Don't get tricked by pre-registering."
And the meaning of that is to convey the message to others that pre-registering IS NOT cheaper than registering on the same day itself.
If I didn't want anybody to join this tourney, I believe I would not have told 9ahboon9 to postpone his tourney on Saturday to Sunday? :O

Don't assume. It makes an a$$ out of u and me.
Back to top Go down
AngryBoy92
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
AngryBoy92

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 am

You guys should chill down a bit as this might be just another misunderstading...
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 am

Quote :
The tournament organiser has experienced much displeasure when he tried to allow convenience to participants by allowing a registration over sms or phone. Having to head down to pre-register is compulsory and necessary to protect the interest of both the organiser and the participants. No participants will be given the benefit of pre-register rate on the day on event.
Let me give you an example.
If there are no pre-register rates, everyone will only head down on the event day itself. This means that some players who have not went to the shop before will be late because they do not know how to get to the venue.
If there is a pre-register rate, SOME players will head down on earlier days to check out the venue because there is the incentive to do so. More so if they can get someone who has the network and knowledge of the location beforehand. This aids event management because it technically reduces the tendency for event to start late because of so-and-so being late and such.
When DMCT was held, I had plenty of such bullshit, hence I am not allowing sms and phone registration again.

Maybe its high time someone needs some education of basic card forum ethics and courtesy. You do not go into a tournament thread to make negative comments. You might think the event suck, or the location suck, or the tournament organiser suck, but you suck your thumb and choose to go or not to go. End of the day, what you write will only be taken as with a motive and it is for people to see what it is.

If there are demands for arrangement to bring players to the event, it can be made. Meet at Hougang Bus Interchange, beside the McDonalds Snack Kiosk at 11:00 AM on the day itself.
Back to top Go down
Viral
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
Viral

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Register now still can $8? lol. forgot to register last week >.<
Back to top Go down
MintStar
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
MintStar

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Viral wrote:
Register now still can $8? lol. forgot to register last week >.<
I'm afraid not. I've got to be fair to the rest who registered already.

Updated the Add-On prizes.
Added the details for Gather-and-Go Together explicitly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,   [completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan, Empty

Back to top Go down

[completed]Gold Series 2 Release Tourney (23rd Jan,
Page 1 of 1