Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

honest and quickplay ruling

Go down 
+3
wingwing98
DSummon
jadow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jadow

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-16

honest and quickplay ruling Empty
PostSubject: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:30 pm

is it not possible to chain a quickplay magic after your opponent activates honest in dmg step?

when can quickplay spells be chained?
Back to top Go down
DSummon
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
DSummon

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:42 pm

Question 1. Assuming your quickplay magic is for atk/def modifier. It is possible to chain, just that usually honest will over write.

Example:
Player 1's his own Shine Angel attacks, on priority uses honest.
Player 2's chains charge recklessly on his own Shine Angel

Resolution: (First in last out rule)
Player 2's Shine Angel becomes 2100 attack
Player 1's Shine Angel with Honest effect adds 2100 attack to itself, and becomes 3500

So yes, you can chain. But quite totally useless...

Question 2:
Quickplay spells can be used at any time in your turn (Except damage step), and anytime during opponent's turn (After it has been covered)

However, note that:
- Once it has been covered, it follows trap ruling, where you cannot open it back up until the turn is over.
- For quickplay spells/traps, you can open them during damage step ONLY if they are the following
--Attack / defense modifiers (Charge recklessly, shrink, etc)
--Counter traps reacting to the effects happening at that time (Magic jammer to stop any shrink that has been used, divine wrath to stop D-Warrior girl, etc etc)

Hope this has been clear enough...
Back to top Go down
http://www.duelingdays.blogspot.com
wingwing98
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
wingwing98

Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:44 pm

it depends,if your opponent plays honest at substep 3 of the damage step,there is no way quick-play magic can be chained to it.however,if they plays honests in substep 1-3,you can still chain your quick play magic.

note:quick play magic(atk/def modifier) can only be activated in substep 1-3.

Last edited by wingwing98 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:49 pm

DSummon wrote:
Question 1.
Question 2:
Quickplay spells can be used at any time in your turn (Except damage step), and anytime during opponent's turn (After it has been covered)

that means if drop qualat instead of honest,
i can still drop the shrink?
cos if a focus + Pierce +qualat bf attack,
then drop shrink, will cause big diff.
so is can shrink after qualat in dmg step rite?
Back to top Go down
wingwing98
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
wingwing98

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:52 pm

just to add on to another point as honest is a very special case whereby it can be activated from the start of the damage step and up to and including the damage calculation(basically substep 1-3).

if a player drops qualat or honest during damage calculation,there is no way the opponent can respond with shrink,as these cards can only be activated before damage calculation.
Back to top Go down
XiaoCola
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
XiaoCola

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:43 pm

oic. okae.
ty.
Back to top Go down
Lolzorx
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
Lolzorx

Number of posts : 1140
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:15 pm

in short just remember the later chains resolve first
Back to top Go down
andrewspectra
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
andrewspectra

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-05-19

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:29 pm

wait i am also confused. sorry yeah.
example one:i attacked my opponent's lumina with my Bf shura. Who has the priority to activate Kalut or Honest first? If i activate Kaluts effect first , and he chains to Honest what happpens?
example 2: i activate the effect of kalut and he chains with shrink. is that even possible?

Please use simple words to explain to me . i dont understand substep and all those . i remember reading about this topic in an article in tcgplayer.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.andrewnwq.blogspot.com
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

Number of posts : 2490
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:54 pm

All in all, what really matters is when you throw loh.

Answering andrewspectra's question, Shura attacks Lumina. The turn player, declaring an attack with Shura, has his priority as the turn player to play Kalut during any point of the damage step before damage calculation, or during damage calculation itself. If the opponent then decides to chain Honest, assuming everything is done only in the damage calculation and nothing is chained, the chain resolves as follows:

Chain 1: Kalut's effect activates.
Chain 2: Honest effect activates.

Chain resolves from the back, Honest resolves, pumping Lumina to 2800. Then Kalut resolves, adding the beautiful 1400 to Shura's 1800, pwning Lumina in the face with a magnificent 3200 attack, dealing 400 damage in the process.

If the situation is reversed, then it happens as follows:

Step 1: Honest's effect activates.
Step 2: Kalut's effect activates.

Chain resolves from the back, and Shura is pumped to 3200. Then Honest resolves, allowing Lumina to gain the whole sum of the attack from Shura, bringing it up to 4200, pwning Shura in the face and dealing 1000 damage in the process.

But back to original question, Quickplay Spells can be activated in the damage step, so long as it modifies attack or defence. Cards like Shrink, Rush Recklessly, and Limiter Removal can be played as they do this. However, Book of Moon and Enemy Controller cannot, as they do not modify attack or defence, and hence are advisable to be played during the Battle Step.
Back to top Go down
andrewspectra
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
andrewspectra

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:57 pm

axehead . i love u . lol . finally i understood =) .. one more thing i wanna confirm . opponent chains shrink after i activated kalut then it will be 1/2 (original attack) + 1400 right ?
Back to top Go down
wingwing98
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
wingwing98

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:32 pm

opponent cant chain shrink when u throw kalut,because kalut activates DURING damage calculation and shrink can only be activated BEFORE damage calcultation.

NOTE: damage calculation is different from damage step.damage calculation is substep 4 of damage calculation.
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm not extremely sure myself.

But from what I know wingwing98 is right. Kalut and Honest can be activated in the Damage Calculation, which is a point in the Damage Step in which attack between both battling monsters are compared, because the card specifically states so. Shrink can be activated before that, but not during Damage Calculation itself because Damage Calculation is special in the sense that only cards that state it can be used in this step can be used in this step, but it'll prove to be kinda useless if your opponent throws Honest or Kalut in Damage calculation and still wins out after that.

On the other hand, if the opponent decides to use Honest or Kalut at any time before the Damage Calculation for whatever reason, when they could actually be getting much more out of it during Damage Calculation, they would end up regretting it cause chain would resolve as follows:

Chain 1: Shrink effect activates.
Chain 2: Honest/Kalut effect activates.

Chain resolves from back, allowing the monster to be pumped by Honest/Kalut. Then Shrink resolves, making the opposing monster's attack half of it's original, making the Honest/Kalut insignificant.
Back to top Go down
andrewspectra
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist
andrewspectra

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:56 pm

but usually . dont people tend to activate kalut / honest effect during damaga calculations ? it would be stupid right if he activates before.
Back to top Go down
Axehead
Judai Yuki
Judai Yuki
Axehead

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 pm

andrewspectra wrote:
but usually . dont people tend to activate kalut / honest effect during damaga calculations ? it would be stupid right if he activates before.

Yeah people usually activate during Damage Calculations. But some people probably aren't aware so just give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's Damage Calculations even if he/she doesn't say it.
Back to top Go down
jadow
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
jadow

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:11 am

lol... i actually thought quickplay like remote and book can be used to contest honest. now i knw better. its a really broken thing

this topic was started bec some1 told me that honest cannot be chained too. =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: honest and quickplay ruling   honest and quickplay ruling Empty

Back to top Go down

honest and quickplay ruling
Page 1 of 1