Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Welcome to Yugioh! Singapore forum. Please login.

Have a nice day.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for YuGiOh fans or players to gather and chat

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat

Go down 
+2
ott
asakura_y
6 posters
AuthorMessage
asakura_y
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
asakura_y

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat Empty
PostSubject: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi guys.
I was reading through kyoju's SGDuelists weblog and came across this situation:

Kyoju had a face-up Rai-Oh on his field.
Opponent released Rescue Cat for effect and special summoned Sea Koala and X-Saber Airbellum.
Sea Koala effect reduced Rai-Oh's attack to zero and X-Saber destroyed Rai-Oh through battle.
Opponent then synchro summoned Natural Beast with X-Saber Airbellum and Sea Koala.

I was thinking, is it possible for Rai-Oh to activate its special summon negating effect after Rescue Cat was released to special summon X-Saber Airbellum and Sea Koala? Doing so would have prevented the consequence of Rai-Oh being battle-destroyed as well as the subsequent synchro summon of Natural Beast for field control.

Comments please. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
ott
Junior Duelist
Junior Duelist

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:54 pm

I think it is possible.

""Thunder King Rai-Oh" negates Special Summons the same way that "Solemn Judgment", "Horn of Heaven", and "Black Horn of Heaven" negate Special Summons. You can only use the effect against a Special Summon which does not use a Chain Link. You cannot use the effect when a monster is Special Summoned during the resolution of another card"

Source: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Thunder_King_Rai-Oh
Actual source of that ruling (in japanese): http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=en&tid=40755&event=FE0006
Back to top Go down
Banana
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Banana

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm

X-Saber Airbelium and Sea Koala was special summoned by the effect of rescue cat. It is the same as early burial being used to special summoned a monster. You must solemn the rescue or early burial. You cannot solemn the monsters being special summoned.

Hence, Raiou cannot be used to negate the special summoning of the X-Saber Airbelium and Sea Koala.

BTW, it was me who summoned the X-Saber Airbelium and Sea Koala. LOL.
Back to top Go down
kyoju
SGDuelists Admin
SGDuelists Admin
kyoju

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:21 pm

However, Oppression can negate Rescue Cat's effect, because it says that it "negates the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it"
Back to top Go down
Sazabi
Elite Duelist
Elite Duelist
Sazabi

Number of posts : 1042
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:50 pm

btw , it was me whom summoned the Raiou , not kyoju
Back to top Go down
Ball-Snow
Millennium Earl
Millennium Earl
Ball-Snow

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Sazabi wrote:
btw , it was me whom summoned the Raiou , not kyoju

it's the same, raiou's effect cannot negate a special summon which require u to cause a chain, by negating
Back to top Go down
asakura_y
Senior Duelist
Senior Duelist
asakura_y

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Wow! Surprisingly, the protagonists of the scenario replied in the post. I'm honoured, really! Thanks for the explanations, guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat   Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunder King Rai-Oh vs. Rescue Cat
Page 1 of 1